Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
My apologies, I could have included that in my original description of how to do it. Let us know how it goes! With the MBRP exhaust I'll say it's pretty mean sounding hearing the "bub bub bub bub bub" :cool: Good luck!
On another note, what's your opinion on the Stratified pops and crackle tune?

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
On another note, what's your opinion on the Stratified pops and crackle tune?
I don't like sounding like a popcorn machine so I got scared and only got the Medium pops...and with a catless downpipe and my MBRP it sounds INCREDIBLE. It's subtle...but for $5 or 10 or whatever it is now...awesome. Downshifting or letting off at 4k rpm it's a very natural little gurgle similar to the RS stock. The loud pops would probably be good too since the MBRP isn't ridiculously loud like some other exhausts on youtube.

Edit: Much more noticeable outside the car. If someone who drives stick wants to drive past you and let you hear it you'll be like oh yes

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't like sounding like a popcorn machine so I got scared and only got the Medium pops...and with a catless downpipe and my MBRP it sounds INCREDIBLE. It's subtle...but for $5 or 10 or whatever it is now...awesome. Downshifting or letting off at 4k rpm it's a very natural little gurgle similar to the RS stock. The loud pops would probably be good too since the MBRP isn't ridiculously loud like some other exhausts on youtube.

Edit: Much more noticeable outside the car. If someone who drives stick wants to drive past you and let you hear it you'll be like oh yes
Sweet thanks for the info, I messaged them to see about it. I love my MBRP as is but I'd love to have a few crackles and pops. No one here has that tune on their ST I don't think. I have a buddy with a similar sound on his RS but he didn't get it from Stratified.

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
Sweet thanks for the info, I messaged them to see about it. I love my MBRP as is but I'd love to have a few crackles and pops. No one here has that tune on their ST I don't think. I have a buddy with a similar sound on his RS but he didn't get it from Stratified.
No problem! If you're daring and go with the loud pops you'll have to let me know how it is! I'm sure it's awesome for sure

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I didn't know how I was going to feel about the crackles, so I paid for both medium and loud crackles. With a OEM down pipe and MBRP cat back I could barely hear them. With the loud version it's like heroin. Once you have a little bit you need to have a lot more all of the time... Honestly it's still a little quieter than I would like so we will see once I have a castles downpipe how it sounds, maybe I will switch back to the mediums but I think it will stay with the louds!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
I didn't know how I was going to feel about the crackles, so I paid for both medium and loud crackles. With a OEM down pipe and MBRP cat back I could barely hear them. With the loud version it's like heroin. Once you have a little bit you need to have a lot more all of the time... Honestly it's still a little quieter than I would like so we will see once I have a castles downpipe how it sounds, maybe I will switch back to the mediums but I think it will stay with the louds!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
This is great to know as I'm also running stock DP and the MBRP catback. I guess I won't bother with the medium crackles..

·
Registered
224 Posts
No problem! If you're daring and go with the loud pops you'll have to let me know how it is! I'm sure it's awesome for sure
Oh and I don't have launch control...tired.
I've not heard back from anyone at stratified yet about the pops and crackle tune...so I'll see when that happens.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Roush Catback and stock DP with loud crackles = Gunfire. Even scares me sometimes, can feel the concussion in my junk; but everyone is like wtf that sounds insane! No regrets

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do you have different map slots on your tune? Some ots tunes with multiple map slots don't have launch control enabled in all slots.
I'll have to take a look I bought the car with the stage 1 tune already.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts