Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
My big mouth is on its way. Anyone remove the grill with the front license plate in place? Does it block the removal of the grill?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
My big mouth is on its way. Anyone remove the grill with the front license plate in place? Does it block the removal of the grill?

I doubt that it can be removed without taking the license plate and bracket off

·
Registered
212 Posts
I doubt that it can be removed without taking the license plate and bracket off
I just talked with someone else here and he said he was able to do that but it took some finesse.

The bracket can be pushed aside pretty easily.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got my snorkel yesterday. I will fill you all in how it goes with the license plate bracket in place. Hopefully I'll get around to doing it today if it is not raining (no garage). If not today, then definitely Friday as I have the day off.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would have been able to tell you If @VelossaTech would sell me one, but they dont want my money

·
Registered
212 Posts
All... The grill does come off with the license plate bracket attached. Just take your time and hold it back while working the grill out. Took me about an hour because I was extra careful and slow with the process.

It was actually harder to remove and reinstall the rubber piping that attaches to the air box hoses than removing the grill.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
All... The grill does come off with the license plate bracket attached. Just take your time and hold it back while working the grill out. Took me about an hour because I was extra careful and slow with the process.

It was actually harder to remove and reinstall the rubber piping that attaches to the air box hoses than removing the grill.

That’s good to hear, I have had a rivet gun and rivets on standby, waiting for the time to drill out the license plate bracket just to pull and shave my grill.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That’s good to hear, I have had a rivet gun and rivets on standby, waiting for the time to drill out the license plate bracket just to pull and shave my grill.
Yeah but if you want to rivet, you'd have to remove the bumper?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Interesting... my 2000+ miles MPG average of 27.2 went up to 27.3 with the snorkel over the 15 mile drive to work this morning. Power is about the same, but my MPGs on the highway seem to be much higher. Actually, way higher than I expected. Haven't pushed the car yet (like always), and I'm interested to see how much spool time is affected.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I’ve had mine on my ST for over a year and don’t notice any difference in mileage or performance. To be honest, I wasn’t really expecting any gains, it just looks really cool. That’s enough for me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I’ve had mine on my ST for over a year and don’t notice any difference in mileage or performance. To be honest, I wasn’t really expecting any gains, it just looks really cool. That’s enough for me.
Yeah. I wasn't expecting much either. I usually baby my car, so perhaps it's just more noticeable with that driving manner. Long term is yet to be seen, but I DO notice the spool comes up quicker at speed (40+ mph).

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I will be referring to this thread when my snorkel arrives next week.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I will be referring to this thread when my snorkel arrives next week.
I recommend it. I was dreading having to remove my bumper and these instructions plus this video worked perfectly. I was yanking on it and it wasn't coming out, until I put my thumbs on the body of the car like the video and it was just easy.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Well my Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel snorkel arrived today. Two things:
1. I tried like hell to pull my grill off, and it would not budge. I watched this video a few times, and gave it another try, nope, wouldn't budge. I do not mind removing the bumper to install this part.
2. Instructions should be included in the box, even if available on the website.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got my install knocked out using these instructions. It was tough getting the grill out, but I finally got enough nerve to give it the beans and get it out. I kept it low key and went with a dark grey flare. The color doesn’t match magnetic metallic, but it looks good together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Looks good hidden in a subtle color.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts