Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tricks to have tub come off green fitting behind manifold I have tried just about everything? 2016 focus st

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it I ended up just cutting it I'm glad everything else went smoothly probably do the rear one next day off

·
Registered
80 Posts
Glad you got it! how goes your OCC install ? lets see those pics :smile:

I have found using a hair dyer as a heat gun works well on removing factory hoses from fittings. If you trust yourself enough you could use a heat gun to help remove the hoses if you decide you need to re-install them for warranty issues.

I got it I ended up just cutting it I'm glad everything else went smoothly probably do the rear one next day off

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, you have a lot more room with your CAI set up .. are you going to tee in for the back or just order another can?

How much oil / carbon build up ? pics ...
Just checked the dip stick there is some oil on it so I know it's working right. I want to make sure I put hoses in right spots I am 2nd guessing myself. The one that attaches to green pcv valve goes to "in" and the one that attaches to intake manifold goes to "out" or do I have them backwards?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes your solid

Green elbow is dirty crankcase side goes to the IN

The out side on the OCC should be the air that has passed threw the can becoming cleaner ... that goes to the Intake manifold inlet.

Just checked the dip stick there is some oil on it so I know it's working right. I want to make sure I put hoses in right spots I am 2nd guessing myself. The one that attaches to green pcv valve goes to "in" and the one that attaches to intake manifold goes to "out" or do I have them backwards?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
U think it would be best to run a 2nd can for the back pcv or is it safe to run one can and tee off?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so i picked up another can for the back side just have no spot to put it i want a nice location where i can get to it easy i was thinking on front of engine bay near fan or maybe somehow get a bracket that goes with sound symposer delete im just not to sure and is looking for suggestions

·
Registered
80 Posts
Why not Tee in ? I have extra tees I can send you two of them .. I also have two extra check valves. cover shipping and I will send them your way. Or just like Blackula said get a vent filter and tee your clean side to the intake.

tee.jpg

so i picked up another can for the back side just have no spot to put it i want a nice location where i can get to it easy i was thinking on front of engine bay near fan or maybe somehow get a bracket that goes with sound symposer delete im just not to sure and is looking for suggestions

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice Bryndg, you should be able to see any oily res in those lines. I have checked my can twice now very little to NO oil yet. I am only at 2500 miles and been driving extra nice so time will tell. I pulled the intake Sat and installed the spacer, still very clean all the way down to the valves.

Anyhow looks great keep us updated on how much your saving your engine from swallowing :yawn:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya should be able to i had to get those because my auto parts store was out of 1/2 line. i hope when i change my oil in a few months i can fill up a soup can haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts