Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to build a DIY turbo kit:
Enjoy, I will be adding to the main section in the next few days with proper notes on the pictures on what is what etc.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,960 Posts
And you even kept the toe shot in! Attaboy!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Big ups for sharing, brotha!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mattdamon33

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you need some charge pipes built for your new set up 😏
you would think that, but these work just fine, holding 23psi on JS's base tune from the datalogs, checked for leaks a little while ago only place left to check is the intake coupler, but everything else is solid....honestly most of the stuff ive seen for can be diy'ed for a 1/4 of the cost, but if looks and brands is your thing by all means have at it...adding the mistakes ive made im still under 1100, a brand new name brand turbo still couldnt be purchased with the amount ive spent.

·
Registered
280 Posts
you would think that, but these work just fine, holding 23psi on JS's base tune from the datalogs, checked for leaks a little while ago only place left to check is the intake coupler, but everything else is solid....honestly most of the stuff ive seen for can be diy'ed for a 1/4 of the cost, but if looks and brands is your thing by all means have at it...adding the mistakes ive made im still under 1100, a brand new name brand turbo still couldnt be purchased with the amount ive spent.
I hear ya, I build all my own stuff. But I’m a welder in aerospace at my day job and I have a side business building for local race cars here in Ohio. I’m actually building some charge pipes on my focus right now I just started today gonna wrap them up tomorrow as long as my couplers get here. I just meant that it would be better to have solid pipes from one end to the other just because over time everything loosens you and if you only have two couplers per pipe you only have two spots to worry about. If you ever want a set built cheap you know who to ask now

·
Administrator
14,314 Posts
duece warned me about the rear strut bolt coming undone when I installed my koni's.....i should have listened...

Oh ****,

That sucks man!!!

I had a bunch of clunking, took a turn abd was like " Ah shiz, broken endlink"

Nyet. Lower shock bolt and bushing gone, lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
[CITA="mattdamon33, publicación: 2577448, miembro: 111585"]
Cómo construir un kit turbo de bricolaje:

what about look, do not place the lines at 90 degrees of oil since I am using the oem and what problems did you have and at what moment did it appear if it was from the beginning

1 - 18 of 18 Posts