How to build a DIY turbo kit:
- You will need to purchase a few items first, starting with your flange from your engine block to turbo. (Flange Section)
- 2.0 eco boost flange Stainless Focus ST Ecoboost 2.0 Liter Inlet Flange transtioned to 2.0" Sch 40 | eBay
- I screwed up; the O part of this flange is the part that gets welded to the V band if your choice listed below.
- V band- T3, T4 or t25 flange
- Ex. 90 Degree TurboCharger Flange Conversion Adapter T2 to T2 4-Bolt Stainless Steel | eBay
- Oil Feed Section
- 4AN AN-4 TO M12X1.5 NPT Male Thread Aluminum Anodized Fitting Adapter BLACK
- SYKRSS 4AN Aluminum Anodize Finish Male/Female 90 Degree Flare Bulkhead Fitting Adapter AN-4 Black
- Oil Feed Line (link will be listed under section 3)
- Turbo line kit section…
- This is a tricky one but for a reason, all hoses need to have a 90-degree end to them or your life is gonna suck monkey ass for weeks.
- Turbo oil & water line for a GTX2867R
- This kit has everything you need to run the turbo however, if you look closely the water lines (6AN) do not have a 90 end to them, this is essential to avoid leaks, so if you go with this you will need two of these…
- 6AN Female to 6AN Male 90 Degree Swivel Hose Fitting Adapter
- Turbo return line
- Yes, the kit above comes with a return line however I bought one that was too long. In order to avoid my mistakes, you just need to purchase a kit to make your own line. Turbo Oil Return Drain line
- The Turbo Section, all the things listed above cant be done with choosing your turbo. All the info above came from here…. LINK …. Slo2.0 & Spool_bus did a DIY turbo build thread with a lot of information. I felt there was some things to add in order to avoid some situations but the turbo info is listed in link.
- On that note, I purchased this turbo… GEN2 GTX2867R, and all the parts listed here are for this turbo in case someone wants to copy my abomination.
- You can see I didnt attach 90 degree elbows, which was the source of 90% of my leaks, once fixed Ive been a week without a single leak
- 5 bolt downpipe flange
- BOV and Wastegate section
- Universal BOV
- Universal Wastegate
- Waste gates will require some addition stuff like a FLANGE & dump pipe
- Symposer delete
- MISC part section
- 3in 90 degree coupler (for intake)
- Boost tap (two of them)
- Hot side pipe from turbo to intercooler pipe
- 2inch straight silicone coupler
- 90 degree elbow
- 2in 12” long straight coupler