Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the CPE MapTap block to add a true vacuum source for my HKS SSQV4. For the original hose to the recirculating valve, I just put a bolt and then clamped it with a hose clamp and then threw some gorilla tape around the bolt.

Is there a better way to cap it or should I be worried about how I did it?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Are you talking about the actual vacuum hose that runs over to the stock location? Or capping off the solenoid connection? If the hose, why do you need to cap it off at all? Also, did you block the stock bypass valve off?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just remove the original hose at the solenoid on top of the valve cover and cap it with a vaccuum cap. You can get them dirt cheap at an auto part store.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Are you talking about the actual vacuum hose that runs over to the stock location? Or capping off the solenoid connection? If the hose, why do you need to cap it off at all? Also, did you block the stock bypass valve off?
Yes, the original hose that runs to the stock location. I blocked off the original bypass valve, yes.

Just remove the original hose at the solenoid on top of the valve cover and cap it with a vaccuum cap. You can get them dirt cheap at an auto part store.
This is a great idea. Where does that solenoid sit on the valve cover? Does anyone have a pic?

I found this on another thread, but is the "Stock BPV" the one I want to cap off?
WP_20140405_12_58_43_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I blocked mine were the original valve sat. Just used a vacuum cap.
Just to be clear. You capped off the solenoid on top of the valve cover? Or the hose where the stock bypass valve was? I still have that small hose dangling underneath where it used to be connected to the bypass valve.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Just to be clear. You capped off the solenoid on top of the valve cover? Or the hose where the stock bypass valve was? I still have that small hose dangling underneath where it used to be connected to the bypass valve.
I removed the small rubber hose from the valve on the turbo and capped the metal vacuum line.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
yeah just remove the hose they have marked stock bpv, it the only one pointing towards the driver side then toss a vacuum cap on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts