Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did the symposer delete and hooked the vacuum line up to the delete port and wow what a difference! It flutters just a tiny bit when under really low load but when when you get the boost goin it sounds so crisp and clean! And when driving easy it doesn’t go off at all or just barely noticeable. Way better then using the stock solenoid.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just did this trick, and it is great however, it hardly goes off, which im assuming is good because thats what I wanted. My question is how quiet did it get for you guys, mines a night and day difference, not complaining just want to make sure I didnt miss something

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Just did this trick, and it is great however, it hardly goes off, which im assuming is good because thats what I wanted. My question is how quiet did it get for you guys, mines a night and day difference, not complaining just want to make sure I didnt miss something
Have you adjusted the BOV ?

Did you use quality vac line? I highly recommend fuel line that has the fiber braids in it. This way the line will not crush, if it does you will get poor results.

Try that and report back

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

Did you use quality vac line? I highly recommend fuel line that has the fiber braids in it. This way the line will not crush, if it does you will get poor results.

Try that and report back

I use high pressure fuel injection line. Then it's less likely to collapse under vacuum.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I use high pressure fuel injection line. Then it's less likely to collapse under vacuum.
Yes, I wish I could or would have put it in the original post. I wasn't really descriptive about it I see but I can't edit the first post any more :( .

quality VAC line should be good, but for high boost applications I have found fuel line to be the best and last long time

·
Registered
45 Posts
Used a fuel line, thick AF, really tough to put on, that bad boy wont collapse....I am thinking thats just the way it was supposed to be.....Ill recheck under the hood tonight

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Used a fuel line, thick AF, really tough to put on, that bad boy wont collapse....I am thinking thats just the way it was supposed to be.....Ill recheck under the hood tonight
Good deal. was just checking.

Adjust the BOV and see if it helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Try that and report back
Hmm, ok. I left the valve on the stiffest setting. I like where it’s at but if you think it might cause a problem I can adjust it.

As for the vacuum hose it was just cheap stuff on amazon. So far it seems to be fine. I haven’t put many miles on it but my gf keeps stealing my car lol. If something doesn’t seem right I’ll put better hose on it.

I can just take a couple feet of 1/4" clear braid from work... It's just air going through the hose, I'm sure anything stronger than vacuum hose would be fine.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Hmm, ok. I left the valve on the stiffest setting. I like where it’s at but if you think it might cause a problem I can adjust it.

As for the vacuum hose it was just cheap stuff on amazon. So far it seems to be fine. I haven’t put many miles on it but my gf keeps stealing my car lol. If something doesn’t seem right I’ll put better hose on it

I believe you're running the turbosmart 50/50. Like I said I'm running it on the lowest setting so the Caps just covers the second o ring. we have a pretty small turbo on these cars. It's adjustable so you can use it on any Borg Warner Turbo.they say you want it just tight enough so that when you rev it up and let off the throttle it goes back to idle and doesn't idle down low or stall.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I believe you're running the turbosmart 50/50. Like I said I'm running it on the lowest setting so the Caps just covers the second o ring. we have a pretty small turbo on these cars. It's adjustable so you can use it on any Borg Warner Turbo.they say you want it just tight enough so that when you rev it up and let off the throttle it goes back to idle and doesn't idle down low or stall.

the purpose of the blow off valve is there at least access pressure when the throttle closes so the turbo can free spin. That way when you get on back on the throttle it can spool up quicker. If it's chopping through the air it's just slowing down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
But is that on the solenoid or off natural vacuum? I think somebody on here had mentioned the turbosmart 50/50 is designed to go off natural vacuum and if they recommend it on a lower setting, I will have to adjust it then.

And when I have the car back I will check it out

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
But is that on the solenoid or off natural vacuum? I think somebody on here had mentioned the turbosmart 50/50 is designed to go off natural vacuum and if they recommend it on a lower setting, I will have to adjust it then.

And when I have the car back I will check it out

I'm hooked up to the symposer delete. it comes with directions when you buy the blow off valve. He said it as low as you can go without it dying when you let off the throttle. If you're sitting there in neutral and rev it and then it goes back down to idle and idles really low and stumbles or stalls then you tighten it. I have it set on the lowest setting and i have no problems. You can do what you want to your car. I like the flutter from the turbo but I'm not going to block off my blow off valve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm hooked up to the symposer delete. it comes with directions when you buy the blow off valve. He said it as low as you can go without it dying when you let off the throttle. If you're sitting there in neutral and rev it and then it goes back down to idle and idles really low and stumbles or stalls then you tighten it. I have it set on the lowest setting and i have no problems. You can do what you want to your car. I like the flutter from the turbo but I'm not going to block off my blow off valve.
I'll look in to it but I feel like it's working just fine. It only flutters a tiny bit at really low RPM's when I let off the throttle. And It sounds pretty normal every time it goes off now.

And yes, I have it plumbed to the symposer delete as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got off the phone with turbosmart and he said the spring setting is entirely dependent on where you live. Temperature's, altitude, anything that could have an effect on the air in the vacuum line. And I asked him about the flutter I get at really low (1-3lbs) of boost and he said that's completely fine, doesn't hurt a thing. And another thing is personal preference, I have it set as stiff as possible and get no flutter so it's working properly and won't have any issues.

Also: He said since this BOV is made for this turbo its really safe to run the spring as hard or soft as you like, for a stalk car. But as soon as you start doing mods to the car, things can change and you just have to use your best judgement to set the spring stiffness accordingly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Going back to the flutter, mine flutters quite a bit, I went in last night added some new clamps to certain areas....this morning it was going off fine, but still flutters....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just did this addition and subtraction this morning. Holy crap does it make a difference in my car. No more annoying constant blow off. And the sound symposer delete cleans up the engine bay so much. Thank you for the write up.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I just did this addition and subtraction this morning. Holy crap does it make a difference in my car. No more annoying constant blow off. And the sound symposer delete cleans up the engine bay so much. Thank you for the write up.
I am glad people are making use of it. 🥰

61 - 78 of 78 Posts