Ford Focus ST Forum banner

How to bed Rear brakes ?

9K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  mruniverse 
#1 ·
I didn't know if anyone knew a special way to bed Rear brakes. I usually replace all corners together but the rears where delayed . I was thinking slight pressure from hand break to add heat then do normal 6 x 60to15 hard breaks. Using ebc yellow but don't think it matters

#2 ·
Well when you hit the brakes they still get used normally...so you can bed them using the same process I'm pretty sure, not like it'll hurt the fronts that are already bedded. If you want to do it the hard way you can use only the hand brake and spend an afternoon bedding them using only the handbrake.

#4 ·
I do three normal stops and three hard stops, and that should be all you need to seat them.

#7 ·
@mitch808 have you ever for S&Gs tried to stop using your hand brake? lol that thing SUCKS unless it's just the pads. I can't lock my rear wheels and do a properly executed handbrake turn if I try as hard as I can

#9 ·
After I upgraded to the Frankenbrake rear with Hawk Street/Race pads, I tried to bed them in by just going around the neighborhood and doing majority of braking with the hand brake. I got them nice and toasty with a good looking faint grey layer on the otherwise fresh rotors. The larger rotors and more aggressive pads made a huge difference in how much braking power the handbrake had. I could actually confidently slow and stop the car with it and had to be careful not to lock up. With the stock rotors/pads it had much less stopping power.

Reactions: brian60
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.