Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next summer I will be looking into buying new rims and tires, along with coilovers. Now I want to give the wheels some offset so it is flush when I drop the car. How much offset would you guys think I can squeeze without scraping the fender, or having to buy spacers,and having to pull the fenders either ect? Or do you think it's just smarter to buy spacers to fill in the gap? Stock offset with the 18 inch rims are 55 et I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You need to know wheel width before we can tell you offset that sits flush or very nearly. For example, my et42 18x8.5's sat as close to flush as I like and only just scraped the wide BFG's I had on them with 2" lowering.

Reactions: Blackula

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
+35 on 8" wheels will bring you flush with the fender edges front and rear. On stock wheels, you'd need 20mm spacers.

I'm personally going with 18x8.5 +38, which should put me right about where I am now with stock wheels and 20mm spacers. I'm also staying with 235 width tires, which will hopefully be just enough stretch to avoid the mild rubbing I get now.

Here's a handy chart listing most popular sizes and offsets for our cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts