Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the car at 50 miles less than 2 and a half months ago, I am now at 6100. Am I driving the ST too much?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yes definitely, you need to park it in the garage asap and take the bus; no way that car will make it 2 years at that pace. lol

·
Registered
825 Posts
I find if I enjoy the car I just bought, I drive it a lot more than just for necessities.
When I bought a new 1999 Contour SVT I put well over 20,000 miles in the first year. And ditto the second.
When just driving for need would have been about 6,000 miles.

Now that I am retired, my actual 'need' driving is only about 2,000 miles a year.
Yet I am putting 8,300 a year on the 2014 ST I own. I go drive just for the fun of driving the ST.

I would say the driving miles per month may drop after you get used to the car.
And the newness and fun drop off (though I have to say 3 full years in, the fun of driving my ST has NOT slowed down for me)

I was sad though with that SVT that I burned through the warranty in less than two years.. All joy riding.

With the new car.. You have up to one year (with no penalty) to buy a Ford Extended warranty..
After 8 months or so you might consider if you want the Extended Warranty.
(To get it you have to buy it before 3 years or 36,000 miles. After the first year a $100 added 'fee' is imposed)

·
Registered
216 Posts
My round trip to work each day is 75 miles, if I don't enjoy back roads. So about 1500 miles a month. Add on that another 250-600 a month in joy riding. I bought the car to drive and have fun, its not some ultra rare sports car I bought to place in a vacuum free atmosphere to pull out in years and make 100K on it. Keep up with your maintenance shouldn't matter if you put 2500 miles on it a month. Now get out there and have fun!!! By the way I bought mine in September with 327 on the clock, its now just shy of 5K.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Had mine since 9/5/2016, I'm at 4870 miles. Haven't taken my ST out since mid-October. At least you're getting out and enjoying yours.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's a lot of miles in 2 months. But some people put on a lot of miles and others don't. If you can afford the car and the gas, then it doesn't matter. Just realize that when you buy a car NEW and put on lots of miles, then yes, it's going to be worth a whole lot less a whole lot faster. But that's irrelevant really if you maintain it well and keep for a long time.

I work from home and don't drive mine much.....more like a weekend car or for longer drives. So I've got 402 miles on it and it's been just over a month of ownership. But so be it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2400 miles a month minimum. 60 miles each way to/from work, 5 days a week, plus anything else I do. 64k on the car now. Motor blew up at 63k, failed injector.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bought mine with 41044 on June 30 and now have 55500 today. So I’m over 3000 a month. But I love this car and should be driven as so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
62 months - 82k miles

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
2.75 years and under 20k miles. 7.5 miles each way to work.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
16 months. 34.7k miles

62 a day round trip for work + extras on weekends and shenanigans

·
Registered
395 Posts
a little less than 1k miles a month

·
Registered
184 Posts
4.5 years, just under 60K miles.

These days I probably average about 4000 miles a year. I work from home so most of my driving is taking my son to and from school, and hitting the grocery store. It's pretty boring.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Owned for 13 months, about 13k added

1 - 20 of 29 Posts