Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Loving this car. Never thought I would have real love for a FWD car.

Well I had to cut that mod list back a bit because I found out that I won't be going back to work for a while. I work a funny job. Sometimes I work 350+ hours a month. Other times I'm off for a month or two at a time. Feast/famine. So here is the list of stuff ordered so far. Most is still in the mail. Only the wheels have shown up. Tires will be in Monday or so. Chomping at the bit because the tires on the car are borderline unsafe.

Tint scheduled 4 days from now... feeling impatient.
Sub and amp (for the wife) we are in line but the local guy is a long ways out so that might take a while
ZL1 Rock guards
Black RS wheels
ST centercaps
Black lugnuts
Billet shift knob adapter
Red shift knob
Husky Weatherbeater floor liners and trunk liner ($300 worth of floor mats. Never thought I'd see the day...)
Steeda shifter bushings
Cobb cable bracket bushings

I'll start getting paychecks again in a month. Probably leave it at that until then. After that jacking rails, shifter, hood struts, motor mount, aaaaand... probably a Mountune CAI/FMIC/tune package. I've managed to keep a stock tune on my diesel truck for 5 years of ownership but not sure I have that kind of willpower with a car.

Did you order solid cable end bushings. That makes the most difference and takes the most slop out of the shifter. I got Ronin bushings they were like $50 but okay p makes them and believe they're like 15 bucks. Are there people in the form of run them and said they work fine and it's just a piece of aluminum.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Did you order solid cable end bushings. That makes the most difference and takes the most slop out of the shifter. I got Ronin bushings they were like $50 but okay p makes them and believe they're like 15 bucks. Are there people in the form of run them and said they work fine and it's just a piece of aluminum.

Sorry OKP.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I ordered these.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
And before I catch flak for the Ford Performance hat on that order I have owned modified V8 Mustangs for the last 17 years. I'm not a recent Ford convert. 😃 Currently own and love 3 Fords. I bleed that Ford blue.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Dave's bushings Lincoln most difference. These are the cheapest ones I could find there are more expensive ones. But like I said it's just aluminum. Just make sure you use me like that you don't want them coming apart.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Dave's bushings Lincoln most difference. These are the cheapest ones I could find there are more expensive ones. But like I said it's just aluminum. Just make sure you use me like that you don't want them coming apart.

These bushings oops. Voice to text sucks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
10-4. Threw them in the cart.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ordered a pair from Amazon. 🤙

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Right on. I'll get that figured out. I'll probably do all 3 bushing sets at once if they show up on a similar time frame which kind of sucks because I won't know what did what but I'm not patient enough to review all 3. I don't drive the piss out of the car so maybe just tightening things up an putting a round ball on it will make me happy. If not I'll throw a shifter on it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
One more thing to point out. I assume that you're just having a sub installed in the trunk that your car is a ST1. When they install the sub they will have to tap into a speaker line. Have them tap into a front channel as the rear channels don't get a full range signal or full power.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts