Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any info on how to remove the occupancy sensor i did a seat swap and am getting an airbaglight on the dash i read swapping out the occupancy sensor should do the trick but i cant find any info on how to do it or what it even looks like.
thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Under the passenger seat only is a clear tube with gel in it going to the sensor. Some people undo the clamp, try not to spill any gel, and swap the sensors and use a new clamp. Alternatively, you can detach various odds and ends to extract the whole assembly. Basically you swing down the metal basket (unclips from over the rear seat rebar), and the front of the sensor is held to the seat bottom by two christmas tree plastic clips. To access them, you need to lift up the front of the seat cushion.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You are not providing much in the way of specific details. Stop and do some research before you go further. Did you follow the appropriate procedure when replacing the seats? Were the replacement seats damaged in an accident? Do you have a scan tool to read and clear the codes? Do you know the proper procedure to diagnose and repair the specific code?

The seats I installed on my ST came from a salvaged car. When I started the car after the installation the air bag light came on. I used FORSCAN to read and clear the codes. Based on the codes that were set it was apparent that the donor car had been in a fairly serious accident. Clearing the codes solved the problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the response guys!
i forgot to disconnect the battery when i did the swap and the seats came from a wrecked car.
do you kno what scan tool you have?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you use forscan lite or the $5 version? also when you did the seat swap did u change the occupancy sensor?
you see i sold the old seats and still have acess to them and the sensor only problem is they are about 2 hours away so i want to see if i can save time and money and just clear the codes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Are you swapping 13/14 seats for 13/14? If so, my understanding is the occupancy sensors are interchangeable. However, 15-18 seats to another 15-18 car require each car retaining their respective sensors. I have no idea if an used sensor can be reprogrammed or not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my hands on my old sensor gunna swap it and the whole gel pad this weekend dnt want to risk losing any gel and it not work properly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts