Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Says I'm up to date when I check online.
A couple of things.... You've asked this same question in 3 threads. This will be my second answer. Also this is easily searchable information on this forum or anywhere. That said... No you CANNOT get it. You need Sync 3 which comes on only the newer 16' and up models. Otherwise you need to spend like 2-3k to update your hardware from Sync 2 to Sync 3. There are probably much cheaper aftermarket head units that have android auto, but then you risk losing the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
A couple of things.... You've asked this same question in 3 threads. This will be my second answer. Also this is easily searchable information on this forum or anywhere. That said... No you CANNOT get it. You need Sync 3 which comes on only the newer 16' and up models. Otherwise you need to spend like 2-3k to update your hardware from Sync 2 to Sync 3. There are probably much cheaper aftermarket head units that have android auto, but then you risk losing the steering wheel controls.
This. It's one of the worst First World problems I have to face in my life. I will seek counseling for this soon. THANKS FORD! :mad: :(

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
This. It's one of the worst First World problems I have to face in my life. I will seek counseling for this soon. THANKS FORD! :mad: :(
I ran into this on my 2015 f-150. Sync 3 is good, but it's not worth the cost imo

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
When I see photos/video of sync 3 it looks so much nicer. But Sync 2 is still very practical & usable.

Somebody on this forum has successfully updated by buying the appropriate hardware and flashing bcm software, besides that it is surprisingly plug and play. But the hardware includes a new GPS signal, new touch screen/computer module, & USB module and who knows what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts