Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened the hood and did a quick google search and didn't find what I was looking for. I have one light that shines into my roof from 30 feet away from the house and the other at waist level on the garage door. How do I bring the high one down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
I opened the hood and did a quick google search and didn't find what I was looking for. I have one light that shines into my roof from 30 feet away from the house and the other at waist level on the garage door. How do I bring the high one down?

Take it to the dealer, it should be under warranty still right? Sounds like the reflector is stuck in High Beam position.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Halongens. It's an ST2. I think I found the adjustment hole, but it looks like the gear might be stripped. Going to try to get a screw driver in there and get it adjusted.

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
Halongens. It's an ST2. I think I found the adjustment hole, but it looks like the gear might be stripped. Going to try to get a screw driver in there and get it adjusted.

#2 Philips. Can you also take the headlight out to adjust it.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the same issue when I replaced my headlight once I put the bulbs in they were off a lot. You can take the the headlight really easy then use a screw driver to turn the little gear that determines where they sit you have to turn it alotttt of times to get it right

·
Registered
558 Posts

What year ST2? They all had bi-xenons I thought.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
From my experience..
1. Don't take it to dealer. I decided to let them adjust lights after my car was lowered. They said they "matched it with some other Focus on the parking lot". Well, they set it way too high, visibility was great, but for some reason everyone was flashing their high beams at me! LOL
2. Yeah, you can use Philips screwdriver, but I found that using a hex bit (7 mm IIRC) is much easier and you won't risk stripping the plastic.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
I will say that if you properly align your low beams, your high beams will seem like they shine super high into the air. IF YOU HAVE AN ST3 that is. The HID high beams project a HUGE area in front of my car but are great visibility wise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts