Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original owner of a 2013 ST3 and am looking towards a new ride within the next 6 months or so. I was hoping to hear some actual trade-in offers from dealers to members on this forum. I am hesitant to look it up through black book because they want your personal info so the can disperse it to dealerships to cold call you.
I know trade-in offers are subjective. A dealer could give you a great price on a car and then try and offset it by undervaluing the trade and Vice-versa. Some good information here could help all of us.
I've never had a good experience selling a car privately, so when I do buy again, I'm definitely trading in. Some states even let you deduct trade value to figure tax on the new vehicle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was offered $12k for my 14TB ST3 with 45k on the od. I was looking into a lease on either a Fusion Sport or SHO. I laughed at the guy. He said the're hard to sell because they​ are manuals. This was a Ford dealer in the Detroit suburban area.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm a member of a local st/rs group and 2 members have traded in the ST's for and RS and got decent value. The 1st is a 2013 st2 and was given 14500 for his with 48k. The second is a 2014 ST1 that was given 14900 with 51k. I'm assuming since South Florida is very populated they have no trouble selling them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is a '13 OW ST3 with nav and moonroof. Have 105K on it and will have about 110-115k by the time I sell. Still owe a few thousand on it.
Don't know for sure what I'm going to next. Definitely want AWD but probably not going for the RS. I'd like to be in a position of similar performance but a bit more on the nicer side. My budget won't allow nicer and faster ?. Dealers here are asking 43k for loaded RS.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was offered $12k for my 14TB ST3 with 45k on the od. I was looking into a lease on either a Fusion Sport or SHO. I laughed at the guy. He said the're hard to sell because they​ are manuals. This was a Ford dealer in the Detroit suburban area.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I hope that is not the norm.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine is a '13 OW ST3 with nav and moonroof. Have 105K on it and will have about 110-115k by the time I sell. Still owe a few thousand on it.
Don't know for sure what I'm going to next. Definitely want AWD but probably not going for the RS. I'd like to be in a position of similar performance but a bit more on the nicer side. My budget won't allow nicer and faster ?. Dealers here are asking 43k for loaded RS.
I took the liberty of putting your data into KBB.com. You're looking at a trade in value of between $7500 and $9000 with your options and 110k.
https://www.kbb.com/ford/focus-st/2...true|6671101|true|6382344|true&condition=good

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Dealer offered me $13k 2013 TB ST3 w/50k. I didn't tell them about the big turbo or any other mods. Ended up just keeping the car and my New Nissan Frontier

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah the Focus ST doesn't have stellar trade in or resale value. My 15 ST3 with less that 17k miles on it has a trade in aroun 18k-19k according to KBB. I doubt I could get that much for it in trade, probably closer to 17k.

·
Registered
428 Posts
2013 ST2, was offered 15k when it had 35k miles on it, but the dealer laughed in my face when I mentioned trading it for an RS

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
I traded mine in a few months back. 13 ST3 with 20k miles. Got $16k for it. With the trade in tax break, it got me slightly over 17. I was super happy with it. I found a dealer that guaranteed KBB trade in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is all very disheartening. I think I ended up with better numbers on a Honda CR-V I traded in with the same milage. And I gotta find a job that's closer. Too many miles for a beater, but I eat new cars for breakfast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right now is a bad time because you can get $4k-6k in rebates and incentives. You can buy a new 2017 ST1 for about $20,000. Once the dealers purge the 2017s, the prices may look a little better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep. Bought my 17 ST1 last week, Pre-financed, incentives, military incentive, tax, title, tags, no dealer extras, $21,000 out the door

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
This is all very disheartening. I think I ended up with better numbers on a Honda CR-V I traded in with the same milage. And I gotta find a job that's closer. Too many miles for a beater, but I eat new cars for breakfast.
Well yeah, people want CR-Vs.

Used Hondas almost always do well + it's an suv. Hard to beat that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Honestly, you're best bet is to drive the ST until it breaks...they hold their value about as well as you would expect a Focus to. Once you pass the 100k mile marker, you're looking at well under $10k for a trade in. I would honestly be shocked if you would be able to get more than $8k.

I hope for the RS guys' that they have better luck down the road.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Traded in my ST3 about 2 months ago on a '16 frontier and dealer "gave" me $14,500 for it and I had I think around 43k miles. It was had a dent in the hood. I was pretty happy with the deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts