Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an agency power catback exhaust along with Cobbs stage 2 tune. I recently had to replace the gas tank because the exhaust melted through the heat shield and the tank. Car is not running lean either. Has anyone run into any problem like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have an agency power catback exhaust along with Cobbs stage 2 tune. I recently had to replace the gas tank because the exhaust melted through the heat shield and the tank. Car is not running lean either. Has anyone run into any problem like this?

My car is bone stock and my exhaust is really hot. Im my 11short years of driving ive never had an exhaust burn my shin just from fumes at idle. I can stand 2-3ft from it and its still hot. I

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts

I have the same exhaust and Iv not had that problem. It does sit low to the ground after the huge can at the 90 degree elbow, does yours do that too? Maybe you have an exhaust leak right where the tank is at, that hot exhaust will definitely melt stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts