Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Hoon's 2018 daily beater build

9K views 111 replies 11 participants last post by  TurboGT 
#1 · (Edited)
so I picked up this 2018 for a great deal 2 weeks ago with every intention of leaving it 100% stock and driving it until the wheels fall off. I however, am incapable of that, and after discovering that a few things were already done to the car, decided why not.

Its a white 2018 ST2/3

The car came with 5% tint, the RS cold air intake, symposer delete, and a resonator delete.

I had an X4 laying around and called my friend Shawn over at SSI and here we are a few days later with a nice little E30 tune and a modest 22.5 lbs of boost. I payed 135 for 2 tunes.

I did the 8$ DIY 1 in wing extension, some red and black ford emblem overlays (20$), amber fog tint (10$), I also tinted the headlight reflectors, reverse lights, and 3rd brake light with a 10$ roll of 35% tint. I also got my hands on some red rally flaps for 60$ on ebay. I also did a fresh set of plugs gapped to .026.

I can't stand all the AGS stuff and bulky grills and shrouds they have all stuffed in the front end. I wanted to improve air flow and actually be able to see my intercooler. So I went ahead and removed the entire AGS assembly. No CELs or anything even on stock flash.

All in all I'm $263 in on the new daily and im really enjoying her. My goal was to keep it under a grand until my warranty is gone. After that it will be full build, aux fuel, and turbo im sure 😎.

If anyone has any cheap mods or DIY recommendations please let me know !

A buddy of mine is giving me his Cobb shift plate and rear motor mount off his old ST.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.