Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

Registered
DIY Intercooler sprayer ... Maybe $25 ???

Reactions: oldloudmouth

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
DIY Intercooler sprayer ... Maybe $25 ???
I'm gonna check this out, thanks for the idea. Not sure how, but im resourceful AF and am sure I can figure it out 馃槑. I like cheap.

And honestly on the IC I want to do it but im not sure how ford would react in the even of a warranty claim. I know if anything they should be happy to see a better one I just don't need them bulshiting to not honor a warranty claim. When I brought my 3.5 eco F150 in with blown stock turbos, I had very few bolt ons. Intake and exhaust only. Still had my oem DP with cats. Because my intake wasn't ford they refused to even look at it. Alot of dealers are changing their SOPs to not even accept a vehicle unless the parts on it are OEM or at least installed by them in the case of aftermarket. Im still 100% OEM with the focus, or at least easily returnable to stock,, so until i hit 50k miles or another 1.5 years i don't want to mess with under the hood too much.

Registered
The Mountune tube and fin fmic is the only one covered under ford Performance warranty. Mountune uk still as them

There is a thread somewhere with pics for the diy ic sprayer

Reactions: HOON-I-CAN

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
This front lip kit is defintely a cheap Chinese knockoff, but I managed to make it work. Not the best fitment. I reinforced it with bolts, nuts, and washers. I had to use some gold rearset spacers from my spare motorcycle parts bin for the middle part. The adjustable rods really tightened everything up. It was flimsy without them. For 75 bucks I can't complain lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
I got my hands on some rear spats for 19$. That puts me at $406 so far, with $594 left on the budget. All in all I like the look, I think the factory wheels don't sit out far enough so maybe a set of spacers will be next. Im thinking at least 20mm. I think the 25mm might be too much. Ive also got my eyes on some hood vents.

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
Got bored today and decided to paint the calipers red. Started to rain on me as I was finishing so I threw some trash bags over the wheels.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
I added a bullet stubby antena i found on the ole Ebay for 15$. I also had no luck getting a green filter. They were out of stock or on back order. I went ahead and swapped out the OEM RS filter for a 60$ K&N I grabbed from O'Reillys. That puts me at $481spent and $519 left on budget 馃槑.

Registered
So as the budget disappears, i was thinking. You could get an intercooler and put a light coat of black paint on it as to conceal it. Not heavy a enough coat to diminish it's performance though, just enough to hide that you have one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
So as the budget disappears, i was thinking. You could get an intercooler and put a light coat of black paint on it as to conceal it. Not heavy a enough coat to diminish it's performance though, just enough to hide that you have one.
I'll just keep the stocker and swap it back if need be. I'm really not too worried. I'm just having alot of fun with all these cheap mods lol. I just ordered a rear motor mount and sparco tow strap for 70$. I still have room for the intercooler in the budget. Ive got $450 left.

Super Moderator
I'll just keep the stocker and swap it back if need be. I'm really not too worried. I'm just having alot of fun with all these cheap mods lol. I just ordered a rear motor mount and sparco tow strap for 70$. I still have room for the intercooler in the budget. Ive got $450 left.
Still in stock...no time like the present!

Reactions: TurboGT

Registered
Reactions: HOON-I-CAN

Super Moderator
Does adding the bigger IC require any tuning revisions ?
Doesn't require a thing, other than a prolonged smile as you take advantage of all that nice cool air!

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
I'll be getting the intercooler im sure of it. Im low key waiting for one to pop up used for a deal while i snag all the little mods I can with the budget.

Still got $450 left and its burning a hole in my pocket.

Im debating grabbing a catless DP from depot and throwing that on. I mean if im gonna have to get under the car for a motor mount I may as well swap out the DP while I'm at it 馃槄.

Registered
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Got a few little goodies for the ST

$416 left on budget.

Temps are in the 60s here now so the car is loving it 馃槑. Winter might buy me until next year for the IC, depot racing is out of stock again anyways. My IATs are staying at ambient unless I'm idling or under 40mph in stop and go.

I'm thinking a catless DP and an oil catch can kit with the remaining budget. That will leave me 70$ for a shift knob or something

Super Moderator
I ordered the depot racing catless downpipe.

$221 left on budget.
Getting ready to order one of those myself, probably next month. Just bought brake rotors, pads, fluid and everything else to switch out the brakes and flush the system on the ST, plus just paid off my truck today!

Registered
Discussion Starter #60
Getting ready to order one of those myself, probably next month. Just bought brake rotors, pads, fluid and everything else to switch out the brakes and flush the system plus just paid off my truck today!
Nice! I just paid off my F150 also 馃槑. That's why I got the Focus 馃ぃ.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts