Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,049 Posts
722 ft. Next time I get her on the lift ill check it out.
Lol, yeah at that footage you are not going to see much pressure loss.

Boost leak test!! Amazon a kit, do it up!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,049 Posts
Think I have a boost leak ? I haven't really looked her over for possible boost leaks yet.
Well, I guess you should do a FMIC, then a BLT, and Im not talking about lunch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, I guess you should do a FMIC, then a BLT, and Im not talking about lunch.
I actually had a BLT for lunch, it was delicious.

I do loose boost when it heat soaks which is pretty quick so the FMIC will definitely help. Besides that I don't think I have a boost leak. I'll still check it.

Any cheap cores I can purchase and just swap out that are better than stock?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,147 Posts
I actually had a BLT for lunch, it was delicious.

I do loose boost when it heat soaks which is pretty quick so the FMIC will definitely help. Besides that I don't think I have a boost leak. I'll still check it.

Any cheap cores I can purchase and just swap out that are better than stock?
Depo racing is probably the best bet for the price to performance ratio king...but as a result they're almost always out of stock. Used parts on here, on FB, or on Ebay is your best bet if you're after a value.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Depo racing is probably the best bet for the price to performance ratio king...but as a result they're almost always out of stock. Used parts on here, on FB, or on Ebay is your best bet if you're after a value.

I just noticed that. they are out of the IC I was interested in.

No worries, I got two other projects im finishing up at the moment before I can start really messing with the Slocus.
For now Im loving the gas mileage and sporty handling around town.

Im meeting my friend for breakfast tomorrow. He's bringing me the Cobb shift plate and rear motor mount.

I also have a green filter on the way I want a little more turbo noise. I was thinking about one of those colored ram air scoops also. Id get the red. Once all that comes in ill throw everything on. I might wait on the motor mount until I can get my hands on a downpipe. I watched a clip with non catted DP, res delete and stock muffler and it sounded awesome. We are going to throw the DP on Bob's Focus though, I gotta retain that warranty :cool:.

That puts this build at $320 so far.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Work that intercooler into that inital 1000!! You won't regret it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Work that intercooler into that inital 1000!! You won't regret it!
I may have too. I was racing a friend of mine with Bob's focus since he can't drive worth a **** and im like one helluva driver mod :cool:. I pulled hard at first but then noticed each run after it was a little less with the heat soak. The FBO focus was pretty quick and consistent, just clearly not as fast with factory boost levels....slow shifter too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Ok, so I got the cobb shift plate from my buddy. The shipping date is from 2013 lol. I think its an older model so I need to call and figure out which hole is how much % shorter on the throw so I can install it properly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So that old cobb shift plate is only a 30% reduction but im ok with it. The solid bushings came in too. Bob wanted to be cool like all the access port guys so he mounted my X4 to his dash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I noticed the Depo Racing intercoolers just came back in stock! Might be worth looking into my friend 2012+ Ford Focus ST 3.5″ Intercooler upgrade

Im really tempted but I may hold off for a bit. I kinda want to get a catch can set up first. I installed the short throw plate and solid bushings today. Im still waiting for my friend to find his rear motor mount.

With the 14$ for bushings that puts me at $334 so far.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Take off 60$ for the green filter thats on backorder. Gimme that refund Ebay 👏

Budget Spent: $274
Budget remaining: $726

Decisions decisions.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok so I ordered a black front splitter, some red adjustable strut rods, and a 78" black side skirt extension.

Totalled up to 113$. Im gonna take the whole bumper off, drill some holes and use some bolts with nuts to make sure i secure/reinforce the lip as its just an ebay kit. The adjustable struts should help too. Ill probable have to trim the side skirts down a bit, i measured 76 inches and 78.7 was the closest I could find. This puts me at 387$.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I'm going to keep screaming "intercooler!" In my head as you keep driving the cost closer and closer to that 1000 mark. Lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'm going to keep screaming "intercooler!" In my head as you keep driving the cost closer and closer to that 1000 mark. Lol
Its about to be really cold here, maybe I can hold off until my 2021 budget 😂. I thought about sending my turbo to the shop that built the Ko3s in my F150. Hybrid turbo + E30 would be a solid 300whp and a little over 350 ft lbs. Thatd probably put me right at my budget.

I've been invited by a friend to an autocross even next weekend in OKC, I think i may give it a shot.

·
Super Moderator
9,049 Posts
Its about to be really cold here, maybe I can hold off until my 2021 budget 😂. I thought about sending my turbo to the shop that built the Ko3s in my F150. Hybrid turbo + E30 would be a solid 300whp and a little over 350 ft lbs. Thatd probably put me right at my budget.

I've been invited by a friend to an autocross even next weekend in OKC, I think i may give it a shot.
Stock turbo and E30 can get you 300whp 400whtrq, with all the supporting mods. Just sayin.

INTERCOOLER!!!

🧐

·
Registered
631 Posts
I do agree with screaming INTERCOOLER. The stock intercooler is a piece of trash, you will never feel the true worth of that hybrid turbo without upgrading

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Its about to be really cold here, maybe I can hold off until my 2021 budget 😂.
You'd be surprised how high your IAT2s get even in the winter. Don't underestimate how truely bad that stock unit is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I do agree with screaming INTERCOOLER. The stock intercooler is a piece of trash, you will never feel the true worth of that hybrid turbo without upgrading
You'd be surprised how high your IAT2s get even in the winter. Don't underestimate how truely bad that stock unit is.

I've found some cores on alibaba from China cheap, I just need to find the same one depot racing or the other guys are ordering from overseas and selling cheap lol. The language barrier is making it difficult. I may have found the mishimoto one.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts