Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I broke a few clips off my hood release handle bracket this weekend and I can't seem to tell which part it is in the ford parts catalog. The bracket I'm talking about is the one that the hood release handle attaches to under the hood, it clips into the large front plastic piece. In the parts catalog I see there's part #16B625 and also #16B625B. What is the difference between these? In the parts diagram there's no 16B625 listed, only 16B625B. If I had to guess, the B stands for bracket? No idea, any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
This from the White Bear Lake Autonation parts catalog. It's #20, at the bottom of the text listing. You may want to do your own lookup by VIN however to be sure!

Hope that helps,
Mark

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 11.51.25 AM.png

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This from the White Bear Lake Autonation parts catalog. It's #20, at the bottom of the text listing. You may want to do your own lookup by VIN however to be sure!

Hope that helps,
Mark

View attachment 264850
Thank you, from looking at that (and the price), it seems that I was right in thinking that the B stands for bracket in the ford parts catalog.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Thank you, from looking at that (and the price), it seems that I was right in thinking that the B stands for bracket in the ford parts catalog.
I don't think so, the dash-letter suffix to a Ford part number in my experience refers to a revision.

I saw this with the top hat bearings on the front strut with my 2013; the design was upgraded and the -letter suffix was incremented.

I'm not saying that's always the case (I've never worked in a Ford Parts Department, only Porsche/Audi waaaayyy back in college...), but I'm pretty sure the -B doesn't stand for "bracket".

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think so, the dash-letter suffix to a Ford part number in my experience refers to a revision.

I saw this with the top hat bearings on the front strut with my 2013; the design was upgraded and the -letter suffix was incremented.

I'm not saying that's always the case (I've never worked in a Ford Parts Department, only Porsche/Audi waaaayyy back in college...), but I'm pretty sure the -B doesn't stand for "bracket".

Hope that helps,
Mark
Usually I would agree, the only thing that threw me off was that usually you'll also find an A version, which this part doesn't have. It has the 16B625 and the 16B625B. I'm used to seeing something that would say 16B625A and be greyed or something to indicate that it's old. That, plus the fact that the price is completely different between 16B625 and 16B625B. Very funky... I shot a message to my local dealer so we'll see what they say about it.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Usually I would agree, the only thing that threw me off was that usually you'll also find an A version, which this part doesn't have. It has the 16B625 and the 16B625B. I'm used to seeing something that would say 16B625A and be greyed or something to indicate that it's old. That, plus the fact that the price is completely different between 16B625 and 16B625B. Very funky... I shot a message to my local dealer so we'll see what they say about it.
Dunno. When I worked for Porsche sometimes the new part numbers were to supersede an old part number, as in we couldn't sell the old part number any longer. Sometimes they were just revisions, like to cover our pre- and post-March 2014 front brake rotor change. And sometimes the revisions were to cover design changes, like for our top strut bearings, where you could still sell both if you had them in stock, but expect only to get the newer rev part number when reordering (unless the importer had a huge stock they needed to unload...).

Regardless, the key takeaway is that when you use the Tasca, or White Bear Lake Autonation parts sites, in my experience you are best served when you enter your VIN to do a parts lookup, rather than year, model etc. The software then generates a catalog most relevant (but not always exclusively) for your VIN.

Good luck!

All the best,
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
You have to buy the complete assembly (with the yellow handle and cable); you can't just purchase the base. Just guessing that you broke yours while trying to install the Steeda or Boomba hood release--I did the same thing and had to order part that Mark pointed out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts