Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My car was involved in a front end collision back in mid-December and it's just about finished (finally). I have a 2013 OW FoST and asked the shop if they could update the front end to a 2015 because I like the newer front end more. I already needed a new front bumper, headlight, hood, and a few internal things so they were willing to do it if I could give them a list of parts that were interchangeable between 2013 and 2015 models. So I did and aside from the obvious body pieces, not much else seemingly needed to be changed. I cross-checked all of the parts/part numbers on FordPartsGiant.com between a 2013 FoST and a 2015 FoST and sent them a list.

I just received a call from the shop today and they told me that they're having two problems; first is that the hood latch seems to be off by about a half-inch. That, to me, seems highly unlikely because the frame and supports are identical between the models, right? The only thing I could think of is that it was mis-aligned.

The second is that they're not sure whether the radiator support will fit or not. Again, I cross checked with the different models and everything seems to be compatible.

Is there something I don't know about? I'm looking to gather as much information as I can before giving them a call back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.