Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so this is my first thread that I've started so forgive me if it's in the wrong place or wrong format.

I disconnected the cable that releases the hood so that you can then pull the other latch and open it fully. Then I forgot I had done it and closed the hood. I can't get the hood open at all and have tried going in from the wheel wells to no avail. Should I try going in from underneath or is it a waste of time? Any pointers? I feel like a real idiot, such a stupid mistake.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Unless someone else here knows what to do, I can look around mine in the morning and see if I can come up with anything

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'm SOL I don't know how they can possibly get to it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did that before. I think you can reach the lever with some long like a screw driver.

Sent from another galaxy.
The thing is that it's not the main lever that's broken it's the first one u pull so there's zero clearance. I could barely get a hanger in there

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to reach the latch from under the car. For future idiots like me, just drop the belly pan and then stick your arm up behind the cold side (i think) charge pipe and all the way up, you have to just feel around in there a bit but you'll feel it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So was it the cable or the interior latch release that broke? If it was the handle piece Steeda make a billet replacment. I was hoping @Boomba Racing would also.

It wasn't anything broken it was purely my stupidity. I'll explain with pictures. The front part of my intake is constantly popping off of the body so I wanted to add another clip onto the rubber so that it will stay on better. To do so I disengaged and took the cable off that goes over the front part of the intake for better access. I tucked the cable away so it was out of my way (and out of my sight so i didnt see it to remind me). Then once I completed the intake fix I closed the hood and instantly felt regret lol

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
It wasn't anything broken it was purely my stupidity. I'll explain with pictures. The front part of my intake is constantly popping off of the body so I wanted to add another clip onto the rubber so that it will stay on better. To do so I disengaged and took the cable off that goes over the front part of the intake for better access. I tucked the cable away so it was out of my way (and out of my sight so i didnt see it to remind me). Then once I completed the intake fix I closed the hood and instantly felt regret lol

I gotcha. I've seen people disconnect it on the other side where the yellow release is.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I gotcha. I've seen people disconnect it on the other side where the yellow release is.

Yeah, I was looking at the aftermarket latches though they look so much better, is it an easy install?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts