Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets try this again since I put it in the wrong section...

Think about buying a bundle of stuff from Adams polishs.

But the question is what do i buy?
Looking for multiple products for basic detailing and cleaning the soot

I have a white fost and this whole Catless thing I need that tough cutter to be able to clean it off the car. The spot builds up like crazy.

Please help

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Adam's winter washing detail kit is a good place to start. It's $150 for the kit. I would add a second bucket with a grit guard, VRT with foam applicator, and buttery wax. The brilliant glaze is good for a nice shine but is pretty thin. The paste waxes will last longer. I've use most of their products and I've never been disappointed. I recently did a paint correction using their correcting and finishing polish. Keeping a good coat of wax on the car will allow for for easy removal of dirt and deposits.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Another Adams fan here. I've almost completely converted everything over to Adams. Only thing I've found I don't like is the shampoo. Just shop around on their site and buy the things you need for the job you want to tackle, from basic washing to full up paint correction and coating. Can't go wrong no matter what you buy. Go join the forums over there as well. Lots of good help.

I have a white fost and this whole Catless thing I need that tough cutter to be able to clean it off the car. The spot builds up like crazy.

Please help

Thanks in advance
What did you mean by this? You've noticed more crap on your paint that you directly attribute to the catless downpipe?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another Adams fan here. I've almost completely converted everything over to Adams. Only thing I've found I don't like is the shampoo. Just shop around on their site and buy the things you need for the job you want to tackle, from basic washing to full up paint correction and coating. Can't go wrong no matter what you buy. Go join the forums over there as well. Lots of good help.

What did you mean by this? You've noticed more crap on your paint that you directly attribute to the catless downpipe?
Yeah the back feels super grainy and even with a wash its still there

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Adam's winter washing detail kit is a good place to start. It's $150 for the kit. I would add a second bucket with a grit guard, VRT with foam applicator, and buttery wax. The brilliant glaze is good for a nice shine but is pretty thin. The paste waxes will last longer. I've use most of their products and I've never been disappointed. I recently did a paint correction using their correcting and finishing polish. Keeping a good coat of wax on the car will allow for for easy removal of dirt and deposits.
http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/washing-cleaning/adam-s-essentials-detail-kit.html this looks like almost everything just not the foam applicator

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I am going to start with this. Adams makes good products, I buy the wheel cleaner by the gallon, and I will buy thenSuper VRT again when I eventually run out. One small bottle will last years and years, if it doesn't you are using WAY too much. Adam himself told me standing in his shop keep using it how you want it is putting my kids through college.
Knowing that there are other products that are just as good or better for less. One example is in and out spray at $14. I use Stoners trim shine for $5. I use it on my engine bay, and customers air vents.
Adams makes it easy with the color coding though, so if you are comfortable with the price go for it.

I would make sure my kit had a
curved handle wheel woolie,
medium size straight wheel woolie,
soft wheel face brush,
tire and wheel well brush,
three buckets ( don't overpay for a $4 bucket with a sticker, one wash it will always be wash, one rinse it will always be that, and one for wheels),
Small and medium interior brushes
Carpet brush
Leather brush if you have leather
Interior hard surface cleaner and a protectant
Glass cleaner (windex is not good for cars, the ammonia will,dry out rubber seals)
Car wash soap
Towels towels,towels. Some for paint, some for interior, some for drying, some for engine bay and wheels tires, some for glass. Get different colors I wash mine together, but one will never be used for what it isn't supposed to be used on
Polish
Maybe compound though our cars are new enough it shouldn't be needed
Sealant
I don't use any wax except for a spray wax I won't replace it when it's gone.
Apc I have different dilutions for different jobs and use it inside and out
Trim protectant
Tire shine if you like that
Wheel cleaner (Adams can be cut 1:1 and still just as effective and paintmsafe)
Clay either real or clay alternative. My cars get real clay, customer cars get alternative as it does 95% as well in a quarter of the time. With that i wash like normal and "clay" before I dry spraying a QD when needed, then dry
Spray wax, sealant I use them as a drying aid every wash
QD I use in the clay process polishing, get smudges off, I use it a lot.
Bug and tar stuff
Wash mit

I am sure I forgot something it gets expensive fast and everything doesn't need to be purchased at once. If you want to know brands I use just ask. If you go the Adams route don't order on the website, call them and ask for Ben. He will set you up with a deal, maybe a feeble or two. Ask for a sample even they do that often. If he gives you a choice ask about garden gloss or that silica sealant stuff that is bright green.

Ask about any other questions. Autogeek is another great place to ask, though they don't sell Adams so you can't talk about it there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts