Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on the way home from work as I was turning off a 4 lane highway, I hit a dead deer that found its way into the turning lane. I did not see it until it was too late because my low beams were on as to not blind an oncoming driver and I was not about to swerve or slam on brakes to avoid it with my infant son in the car. There were no fluids leaking and the car drives fine except for the broken part of the bumper flapping at higher speeds. Based on diagrams of the bumper I have seen online it looks like the air deflector and maybe the bottom engine cover were broken. Any idea on how much it will cost for parts? I would prefer not to claim it on my insurance if the cost is less than my $500 comprehensive deductible? Prices for the parts have varied greatly from site to site. Below are some of the pics I took last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
depends if it needs to be painted or not. can't tell in the picts. Looks like most the damadge is to the aftermarket lower lip spoiler thingy. and the lower plastic grill pieces too.

I just had my bumper and hood repainted from scratches left by an inconsiderate parallel parker in an SUV. The estimate was around 1200 just to repaint.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
best bet would be to look around in salvage yards for an ST that was rear ended, if you are lucky enough you can find it in the same color and not need paint. Might even be worth it shipping wise to find one and have it shiped.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The broken bottom cover fits over the edges of the bumper and I was able to get the piece wedged back into place. There was a section of the cover which was rubbed off from contact with the road but everything looks fine now. For now I will leave it alone. Two of the active grill shutter pieces were broken as well and I had to remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts