Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a good day for the ST wash and wax and new weather tech floor mats she was looking good.

Today I hit a big chuck of semi tire tore off my rear bumper and messed up a few crossmembers underneath.

I bent the exhaust crossmember up which I know is not all that important and I can replace. However it bent up another crossmember in front of that that.
What is the name of this part and what does it do?

Auto part Vehicle Tire Automotive wheel system Car

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Car Bumper

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Damn, that's a PITA. It's hard to tell what's bent in the picture though. Has it affected the ride at all?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Call your insurance and have a pro check it out.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
hasn't affected the driving as far as I can tell.

What ever this crossmember is got ripped out of the body and bent up.
View attachment 182033
Oh crap, now I can see it. Yeah you probably need to get it to a shop, that looks mildly important.

Reactions: Darkdayz23

·
Registered
552 Posts
It doesnt look like a part of the sub-frame right? It looks like part of the chassis/body - if that part isnt exposed to flexing/bending forces - I would not be too worried about it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It doesnt look like a part of the sub-frame right? It looks like part of the chassis/body - if that part isnt exposed to flexing/bending forces - I would not be too worried about it.
That sounds very nonchalant about driving around with something that looks structural completely broken, especially when ST drivers tend to push their cars. I assure you that part isn't there by accident.

Do yourself a favor and get it checked OP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts