Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a good day for the ST wash and wax and new weather tech floor mats she was looking good.

Today I hit a big chuck of semi tire tore off my rear bumper and messed up a few crossmembers underneath.

I bent the exhaust crossmember up which I know is not all that important and I can replace. However it bent up another crossmember in front of that that.
What is the name of this part and what does it do?

20161117_160146.jpg

20161117_160159.jpg

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Damn, that's a PITA. It's hard to tell what's bent in the picture though. Has it affected the ride at all?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Call your insurance and have a pro check it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, that's a PITA. It's hard to tell what's bent in the picture though. Has it affected the ride at all?
hasn't affected the driving as far as I can tell.

What ever this crossmember is got ripped out of the body and bent up.
20161117_160146.jpg

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
hasn't affected the driving as far as I can tell.

What ever this crossmember is got ripped out of the body and bent up.
View attachment 182033
Oh crap, now I can see it. Yeah you probably need to get it to a shop, that looks mildly important.

Reactions: Darkdayz23

·
Registered
552 Posts
It doesnt look like a part of the sub-frame right? It looks like part of the chassis/body - if that part isnt exposed to flexing/bending forces - I would not be too worried about it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It doesnt look like a part of the sub-frame right? It looks like part of the chassis/body - if that part isnt exposed to flexing/bending forces - I would not be too worried about it.
That sounds very nonchalant about driving around with something that looks structural completely broken, especially when ST drivers tend to push their cars. I assure you that part isn't there by accident.

Do yourself a favor and get it checked OP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts