Ford Focus ST Forum banner
841 - 847 of 847 Posts

· Registered
Tastefully Modded ‘17 ST1->Bone Stock ‘13 ST2
133 Posts
Hmm interesting. That might be worth doing. I'd assume it would still run on an OTS map if need be, correct? I only ask because of CA emissions requiring all my mods to run on Cobb CARB-legal tunes for when its tested.
I don’t know much about it, apart from that’s what it is. Someone else i’m sure might tho. I’m pretty sure it’s called a “hybrid turbo”

· Registered
Tastefully Modded ‘17 ST1->Bone Stock ‘13 ST2
133 Posts
Nice. I'd live to know. If that's possible as I outlined then it's definitely on my mod list.

· Registered
2014.5 ST3: 200 cell DP, res delete, MBRP intake, charge pipes/tubing, random other stuff
77 Posts
Interesting. I could likely make that work once I do breather plate and catch can. Think the turbosmart WGA is a must? I think that requires special tuning.

· Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
1,560 Posts
Hmm interesting. That might be worth doing. I'd assume it would still run on an OTS map if need be, correct? I only ask because of CA emissions requiring all my mods to run on Cobb CARB-legal tunes for when its tested.
It needs a custom map. The characteristics of the turbo change after the hybridization. OTS maps with that more capable turbo could easily blow your engine.

841 - 847 of 847 Posts