Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today while driving with the windows down I noticed a high pitched whistling noise when barely getting into boost that I haven't heard before.. Almost like a jet turbine starting up! I only noticed this after installing a symposer delete plate.. I just have a green filter and the JBR corner piece that replaces the ugly accordian piece. Is this normal and have I just now noticed it for the first time? Or Could it be from installing the plate wrong?

·
Registered
304 Posts
are you obtaining the proper levels of boost? could be due to not fitting the plate on the manifold properly.

also, there is a small hole on the dash side that the symposer tube routes into. Did you fill that hole with a plastic grommet of some sort? this could be letting in turbo spooling noises that you previously were not hearing.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an AP unforutnately... But according to the boost gauge I am. It is really prominent when about quarter throttle around 2.5-3k rpm. I did also plug the hole in the firewall via the plug that was provided by the JBR kit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The way you're describing the sound makes me think it's just the turbo spooling and you weren't hearing it before. If you think it might be a leak, the only place it would be coming from would be where you installed the block off plate. With the car idling, spray starting fluid or carb cleaner around the edges of where the block off plate connects. If you hear a change in idle, you've found your leak.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The way you're describing the sound makes me think it's just the turbo spooling and you weren't hearing it before. If you think it might be a leak, the only place it would be coming from would be where you installed the block off plate. With the car idling, spray starting fluid or carb cleaner around the edges of where the block off plate connects. If you hear a change in idle, you've found your leak.
I didn't see this reply till now, but It just turns out its the spooling and I wasn't hearing it before thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts