Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi well since i bought my 2017 st1 st new few months ago, i have what seems to be a high pitch static noise coming from my pass side door speakers. Only when the car is running. I turn accessories on, the noise comes for a few seconds then goes away. Once i turn the car on itll remain. Very annoying. Anyone experience something similiar?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Hi well since i bought my 2017 st1 st new few months ago, i have what seems to be a high pitch static noise coming from my pass side door speakers. Only when the car is running. I turn accessories on, the noise comes for a few seconds then goes away. Once i turn the car on itll remain. Very annoying. Anyone experience something similiar?
I'd suspect a grounding issue perhaps. Anything change recently with your car? Recent installs or anything?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. It was doing it from day one. Guess i should go over the grounds quick and see. When i cover the small pass door tweeter the noise dulls. Ive changed out the speaker but its the same. So something in that ckt is causing it. However if the accessories are on witht he car off the noise isnt there. Only when car is running.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Nope. It was doing it from day one. Guess i should go over the grounds quick and see. When i cover the small pass door tweeter the noise dulls. Ive changed out the speaker but its the same. So something in that ckt is causing it. However if the accessories are on witht he car off the noise isnt there. Only when car is running.
Yeah it's common that grounding loop issues result in the engine distorting the noise. If it ends up being that you might be able to buy one of those isolator things pretty cheap that will filter the engine noise from your speaker system. I don't know enough to be specific about it, but this might give you a good place to start.

Edit: What I meant by the first sentence, is that when the engine is on it causes interference. If you google your symptoms you'll see that it's common with people having grounding loop issues. It's just odd that it would randomly happen when you've had nothing change recently.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
You keep your Cobb AP3 plugged in at all times?

Unplug it and see if it goes away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts