Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I daily drive my focus st and don't really want dedicated winter tires. I am looking for some high performance all season tires. What do you guys out there recommend?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had the goodyears and liked them for an all season, they had a 50,000 mile tread-wear warranty.

I haven't had the other two but I've heard great reviews. Tire rack also has a bunch of reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had the goodyears and liked them for an all season, they had a 50,000 mile tread-wear warranty.

I haven't had the other two but I've heard great reviews. Tire rack also has a bunch of reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking at tire rack as well I just wanted to hear some of the ST opinions.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I have the as3's and like them. That said, no all season tire could be considered a high performance tire.

Reactions: hvacmike

·
Banned
3,029 Posts
I daily drive my focus st and don't really want dedicated winter tires. I am looking for some high performance all season tires. What do you guys out there recommend?

dedicated winter tires on 16" steelies is the only way to go if you are in a place with snow. dont be a cheap ass and risk saftey over 4 60$ rims and 4 70$ tires. that is like no money at all.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I own a set of the Pirelli P-Zero all seasons. I have driven them in the snow, in the rain, on light ice, in the cold (duh), and in the sand. I think they are fine tire.

If you are going to be dailying the car and have slightly adverse weather, you wont be upset with them. I would imagine that there are better tires, but the Pirelli isn't as bad as people make them out to be.

But this is just the opinion of a guy who's leaving his car stock, and the racing for the track.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a set of Continental DWS06 tires on the Focus ST1 I previously owned and loved them. My son has them on his 430 HP LS3 '09 Corvette he uses as his daily driver and thinks they're great as well.

I am getting ready to order some new wheels for my recently acquired ST2 and will definitely be having them mounted with the DWS06 tires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wife runs 235/40R18 Continental DWS06 on her 2013 ST daily driver. 38,000 miles on then and they are at 4/32 to 5/32" so wearing well. Good to great in the rain and work just fine in the dry too. Not as aggressive as the stock Goodyears obviously but they are already going 18,000 miles more and have another 8-10,000 left in them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've run the Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S for 15,000 or so miles and like them. I can still embarrass a lot of "fast" cars in the corners, but then my boss says that's in part because I'm not afraid to drive the car. I'm not an expert, but they're pretty good. And save your steelie and snow tire speech, they are for when the weatherman really blows the forecast and I have to get home in a storm. Most of the winter here in coastal Virginia it is about 49 degrees and wet. Dedicated snow tires would get erased quickly. If there is snow, I use my winter setup, a F150 with Firestone Destination AT tires.

·
Registered
783 Posts
BFG Comp2 A/S for the last 2 summers after reading good reviews on tire rack's site. Very close in width to the stock Goodyears. Almost as good as oem's in the dry and much better in the rain. I use Michelin winters.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 assy.1 Allseason. Get's better mileage than most others.
Had them for 4+ years. Takes Chicago winters like a champ.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts