Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started to notice how cheap higher mileage STs are.

bought mine recently with 95k on it but a brand new motor from ford and it is in mint shape driven highway by old man and is an ST3 for 12k

my buddy just bought an ST3 with 85k for 12.5k also mint dealership maintained, he is a dealer so he bought it direct and will drive it around and then resell it.

seems like you can get a great deal if you don't mind miles and have the ability to look the car over completely.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dont post this crap, some of us want to sell our cars without having to eat our own a** one day.
Dont get me wrong, Im glad you got a good deal but if someone comes here doing homework before buying and sees this, you may have single handedly driven the PP sale price down 5-6k.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Dont post this crap, some of us want to sell our cars without having to eat our own a** one day.
Dont get me wrong, Im glad you got a good deal but if someone comes here doing homework before buying and sees this, you may have single handedly driven the PP sale price down 5-6k.
Umm it's how the market works. Most ST3 I see with around 30k on them are listed for 18-19k.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's because dealers are marking down brand new ones by at least $5k (I got $5k off MSRP with my '16 ST1), so the used marked will soon follow.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
something doesn't add up... "old man driver" blew engine! needs replaced by dealer.... Dude you got sold by a sale pitch. I am sure he only tells people that a "old man" drove it. surprised he didn't tell you a old lady!

Reality... a kid drove it and blew the ringlands off it and now has a new motor.

the stock motor will last more than 200k is taken care of and even more if a "OLD MAN" truly is driving it. Plus a "old man" can drive the wheels off a car.

you got a "new motor" right so who cares who drove the thing before you... you got documents that it was a new motor? or they just feed you that information to? All used cars just get brand new motors before resell... just because? right! a ST motor at dealer is $9k

·
Registered
114 Posts
1. Thank you SO much for the economics lesson. Gee willikers!
2. It's the first car I've bought brand new and am having trouble ditching my unbridled optimism for the reality of a heavily depreciated automobile.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
2. It's the first car I've bought brand new and am having trouble ditching my unbridled optimism for the reality of a heavily depreciated automobile.
Yeah well now you know that cars aren't to be bought as an investment purpose... and even more so with this car. I wouldn't sell it, EVAR! I plan to run it into the ground and then go buy a new car... just hoping it lasts me 200k+

·
Registered
207 Posts
You guys ever been part of an SCCA auto x club? Plenty of old guys out there beating the piss out of cars.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol dont know why everyone is so salty.... guy has new rs and lotus in his garage. Came with paperwork and dealer already fixed leaking valve cover gasket under warranty. Was the only thing my friend who owns a huge shop and who bought the other st found on the whole car. Why is everyone getting hysterical?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah well now you know that cars aren't to be bought as an investment purpose... and even more so with this car. I wouldn't sell it, EVAR! I plan to run it into the ground and then go buy a new car... just hoping it lasts me 200k+
My bad, my overtly sarcastic response was not directed at you.
I know cars are not investments, this thing pays dividends everyday in smiles per gallon.
Mine already has 90k on it, theres no point in selling anyway as the hallowed 100k de-value (some more) is just around the corner.
The fact that they are all modded probably doesnt help resale either.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like everyone took it personally actually if you read the posts. Everyone is hoping for my car to blow up lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
something doesn't add up... "old man driver" blew engine! needs replaced by dealer.... Dude you got sold by a sale pitch. I am sure he only tells people that a "old man" drove it. surprised he didn't tell you a old lady!

Reality... a kid drove it and blew the ringlands off it and now has a new motor.

the stock motor will last more than 200k is taken care of and even more if a "OLD MAN" truly is driving it. Plus a "old man" can drive the wheels off a car.

you got a "new motor" right so who cares who drove the thing before you... you got documents that it was a new motor? or they just feed you that information to? All used cars just get brand new motors before resell... just because? right! a ST motor at dealer is $9k
Yeah, well I have 15k on a truly mint 2015 ST and I just barely dodged my dealer replacing the entire engine.

Yours and others responses in this thread are the EXACT reason why I raised hell when they brought up the idea of a long block replacement.

These cars are junk and worse than that- Ford service is inept.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
the first thing anyone should realize about automobiles is they are not an investment, they are a depreciating asset, unless you are buying a vintage/classic car that depreciated 30 years ago and has a collector following.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A car doesn't depreciate at all if you never sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
New 2016 ST1 owner here. Got mine ~2 weeks ago for just a hair over $20K plus tax and doc fees. The prices are soft due to the shift in the entire market away from C/D segment cars into trucks and CUV's. There will be alot of 2012-2013 cars also coming off lease further pushing the market down. The deals, new and used, are starting to heat up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked up my '13 ST as a project. It's got 185K, needs a turbo. Yes, 185,411 miles. Dude was a regional sales manager, it spent all of it's time on the highway. Hahaha, this one I can actually buy the "all highway miles" line :) I also factored in a long block just in case. I'll report back once I replace the turbo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts