Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while ago before winter came, I was having idle issues after the car was warmed up and sometimes would through a service engine now light on the dash. Would shut the car off turn it back on and would be fine. Winter came, it wasn't doing it. Now it's back to being warm my car high idles all the time. Come to a stop and it will hover around 1500-2000 rpm sit there for like 3-10 seconds then come down to normal idle. But you can also feel it while driving, the hanging idle will affect shifting. All the vacuum lines seem to be plugged in and no leaks. I've had the throttle body replaced 3 times already for the issue. Fixes it for a small period of time then back to the high idle. What does everybody think it could be. It is a 2016 focus st with 16k miles on it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It is my understanding that Ford designed this rpm hang time I believe to help keep the rpm up between shifts , why ? I'm not sure. I didn't like it and had my tuner disable it. Car runs great, doesn't need it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This isn't normal though. Cause I'll go to turn my car off and it will struggle to shut of. It acts almost as a vacuum leak or a failing throttle body. I've gotten 2 different codes over the course of a year. A p0507 and a p2111 both throttle body codes. Which is unreal cause I know the throttle bodies arnt that disposable.... so I can't figure out the problem. Maybe pcm related?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm. I've had ford try and figure it out and all they do is throw throttle bodies at it. Maybe if I upgrade to the mustang throttle body it'll fix it? Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts