Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have an ST3 and today i noticed the HID housing is rubbing on the headlines assembly when it turns. Is this fixable or do I need to find a replacement headlight?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Hood Wheel

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,525 Posts
Do you have things like balance shaft delete and/or stiff engine and trans mounts?

Duece's car did this because of the vibrations from the above. There's really nothing you can do. I mean you could try to open them up and do some sloppy repair inside but they're still going to get shaken apart.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have things like balance shaft delete and/or stiff engine and trans mounts?

Duece's car did this because of the vibrations from the above. There's really nothing you can do. I mean you could try to open them up and do some sloppy repair inside but they're still going to get shaken apart.
Nope, stock mounts, suspension, and still have the balance shaft. Sounds like I'll be looking for a left headlight

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,525 Posts
Nope, stock mounts, suspension, and still have the balance shaft. Sounds like I'll be looking for a left headlight
Might be worth baking apart when you find a suitable replacement. Since you don't have any vibration-inducing mounts. It's possible the little screws for the shroud or projector may have loosened some. But you risk breakage when splitting a permaseal headlight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts