Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some assistance with getting hids to turn on. Have the focccus app and flashed bcm indicating alternative hid. I had my halogens in when i turned my car back on. Swapped hids and no go. So the hids have to been installed before flash? This will be in custom setup with projectors not halogen housing. I?ve seen one posts saying no relay is needed. Any insight?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I had the ST3 HIDs put on my ST1, and I did the flash right after without a problem. If you have a canbus ballast setup to work with the stock headlight plug it should work without issue. Do you know exactly what was used?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
did you set it to HID or Alternative HID?

Even my '16 ST2 is set to unknown.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, I see nothing that specifically states that they are canbus ballasts, but I do know that those are complete ****...should have at least gone with morimoto canbus ballasts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I see nothing that specifically states that they are canbus ballasts, but I do know that those are complete ****...should have at least gone with morimoto canbus ballasts.
Ive been using these same ballasts for 10 years. same style as the original ddm tuning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts