Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys, so I actually purchased these twice from two vendors. The first ones I bought were not HID just the replacement headlamps which I hadn't noticed until I realized why the price was lower than others for the same headlamps. Anyway 1st vendor sent me only one headlight & the mounting brackets were broken! So right away I began choosing another seller. I ended up paying more but now I have 2 beautiful HID dual u-halos headlights with ballasts ready to be installed. Has anyone heard or seen these in person on an ST? Or helped with an install? Thanx, this forum is fire when it comes to the ST community giving reliable sources feedback! B ez, Adin

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
I do like the look of them, have not seen them in person yet

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Well, a few things here.
1. Make sure they're actually for HID bulbs as most of these are Halogen projector headlights and the HID bulb will burn up the lens.
2. LED might be an option for a bulb as long as the projector aims it correctly and it has a good cut off.
3. As for headlight install, it's incredibly easy.
-If you already have HID headlights it's basically plug and play, just 2 bolts and pull the headlight straightforward.
-If you don't have HIDs already, you'll have to mount the ballasts and they should still be very close to plug and play after that.
4. Just make sure that by the end of it, you get the headlights aimed properly and aren't out there blinding oncoming drivers with a jacked up setup.

They're good looking lights, I know a few people who have them. Haven't heard anything about them not lasting very long despite their price.

·
Registered
394 Posts
What's up guys, so I actually purchased these twice from two vendors. The first ones I bought were not HID just the replacement headlamps which I hadn't noticed until I realized why the price was lower than others for the same headlamps. Anyway 1st vendor sent me only one headlight & the mounting brackets were broken! So right away I began choosing another seller. I ended up paying more but now I have 2 beautiful HID dual u-halos headlights with ballasts ready to be installed. Has anyone heard or seen these in person on an ST? Or helped with an install? Thanx, this forum is fire when it comes to the ST community giving reliable sources feedback! B ez, Adin
Those look freakin great!!! I’ve never seen that before. Would you mind saying what they cost roughly? I know headlights can be pricey. Those really really look good imo.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I've seen those before. Not in person though. I've heard from a few people that the light output isn't that great. And also the two UV coating will start peeling off with lens after a year or two. But maybe those are good who knows. They certainly look good. I haven't seen these ones before they're certainly different.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1 Kona Blue @slowcus
157 Posts
looking at the ones on CaAutoparts and don't know whether to chose the clear ones with the black housing or the tinted. what you have honestly looks perfect (I have shadow black as well)
Mine's actually Kona Blue haha. Don't recommend getting the tinted, go with black housing. You will need to change the bulbs out. Keep in mind these are not Plug n' Play.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine's actually Kona Blue haha. Don't recommend getting the tinted, go with black housing. You will need to change the bulbs out. Keep in mind these are not Plug n' Play.
I went ahead and went with clear maybe 10 minutes after responding😂. Will 100% be replacing the bulbs but what else is needed to make them work properly

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1 Kona Blue @slowcus
157 Posts
I went ahead and went with clear maybe 10 minutes after responding😂. Will 100% be replacing the bulbs but what else is needed to make them work properly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts