Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
After 18 months, I decided to try the CD player. I've been on a Scott Weiland/STP binge so I grabbed a few CDs for the commute. One thing that was odd from other players is it doesn't start to take it in until the CD is over halfway inserted. No problems though.
Throw all your stuff on a flash drive, way more music in a smaller space.

Reactions: Cowlynz and STeve16

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Through all your stuff on a flash drive, way more music in a smaller space.
I've got one @16g in the console (#2) USB port, or bluetooth from itunes. I just wanted to try out the player. I've probably got 500 cds, and never use them anymore, as I've ripped 'em all to flashdrives or a hard drive.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yeah, I still buy and collect CDs and even I've never used the cd drive in the ST.

128gig flash drive in the USB2 port. 16,000 songs or so, all accessible by voice. I love it.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
I've used the CD player probably twice. Obsolete SAD...I'd rather have a tape player in the car.

We have the greatest tape players in the US; I mean come on folks, there the greatest, and we the best tapes you can buy in the US.
But now the GOP wants us all to use CD players....SAD Covfefe...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I use my cd player slot for a great GPS mount that I found at Amazon. Since I have an ST1 my Garmin Nuvi sits there perfectly. As far as playing a cd, have yet to do so, I also use the USB port with one of those tiny 64gb drives, the size of a thumbnail. Awesome in random mode, my own little jukebox.

·
Registered
554 Posts
^^Omg this reminds me, I can use one of those mounts that slides in to the CD player slot to hold phone or Accessport...as the vents in our cars aren't that great for mounts.

Reactions: DanM

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Now that, I haven't tried. "play me some skynyrd" :D
It seriously works!

And I have the base st1 system but syncs voice activation is incredibly good.

"Play artist Lynyrd Skynyrd" and it will play all of their songs, in alphabetical order
"Play album Nuth'n Fancy" and it will play that album
"Play song Railroad Song" and it plays that song

It will even do long complicated titles with you saying them at a normal speaking cadence too. The other day I did "play album live at the Aquarius theater disc 1" and it fired up in 3 seconds. My passenger was impressed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It seriously works!

And I have the base st1 system but syncs voice activation is incredibly good.

"Play artist Lynyrd Skynyrd" and it will play all of their songs, in alphabetical order
"Play album Nuth'n Fancy" and it will play that album
"Play song Railroad Song" and it plays that song

It will even do long complicated titles with you saying them at a normal speaking cadence too. The other day I did "play album live at the Aquarius theater disc 1" and it fired up in 3 seconds. My passenger was impressed.
Aw hell, now I have to do this. :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I use my cd player slot for a great GPS mount that I found at Amazon. Since I have an ST1 my Garmin Nuvi sits there perfectly. As far as playing a cd, have yet to do so, I also use the USB port with one of those tiny 64gb drives, the size of a thumbnail. Awesome in random mode, my own little jukebox.
I didn't know such a thing existed. I've also got the ST1, and beleive it or not a Garmin Nuvi. It's super slim, maybe 2-3mm thick. I'll check Amazon to see what's out there. Thanks!

Edit: After looking at them, hell, I've got the same thing in the "suction cup" version. Someone had a great idea to simply use the CD slot instead of sticking it to the glass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The CD player in my old 2008 focus jammed last winter. When I traded it last month it still had the old Lorde cd in it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah, it's similar to the ones that stick to the glass but those never work for me and are constantly falling off. The one in the link below makes the GPS nicely accessible to me and I can still easily see the info screen behind it. Plus it doesn't leave the suction cup marks on the windshield alerting thieves that there is a GPS in the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M030LIO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Anyone telling people to use MP3's doesn't like good sounding music. Hopefully those of you not buying cd's anymore are getting the highest quality downloads offered. Although in the ST without a custom system you can barely tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
This thread brings back memories when I was a kid. My older sister purchased a pull out cd player for her car (anyone remember those). CDs were just coming out at the time and were a new thing. I was laughing at her saying CDs were just a fad and she just wasted her money. I told her I was gonna stick to my tape decks. lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used a CD player phone mount for my GS8+, works awesome. However don't accidently push the CD eject button when the mount is inserted and there is a CD in the drive :(

I haven't tried to see if it works since I was able to finally get the CD out of the drive LOL. But it would tell me no CD was inserted when it was stuck inside there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts