Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I am still on the fence about this. Fromt the back it looks great. But from the skde something seems off. It may be the area where thr spoiler comes to a point.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It looks awesome... The best part is your plate. I'm glad to see other fellow atheists coming out.
Thanks! The funny thing is, most people don't get it. Part of it is because I only have 6 letters to work with, so that was the only way to do it. However, the people who do figure it out generally compliment me on it. I'm not "militant" about it...I just want people to know we're out there :smile:

I am still on the fence about this. Fromt the back it looks great. But from the skde something seems off. It may be the area where thr spoiler comes to a point.
I think it fit the car well...it's the same general shape as the tail lights, just flipped upside down. It also reminds me a bit of a giant version of the wing on my previous car.
ElantraWing.jpg

it's hard to justify from the pictures but in person it look sweet, and all my friends agree this spoiler should came on the ST from Ford.!!!
I have to say, it looks the best on your car of any I've seen. I'm glad more people went with color matching than with black. Then again, maybe it's the wheels ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is this wing still available, it's not listed on your website that I can find

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Is this product putting more down force on the rearend?
Hope not. Down force on the rear forces the the front up which equates to less traction. Best you can hope for is that it is to reduce turbulent air coming off the back of the car. As low pressure comes under the car (higher over the top)the car effectively sucks to the ground, if the air is turbulent at the back low pressure coming out the bottom creates a vortex which in turn negatively effects this suction.

Sorry, ive been reading alot about high and low pressure and how they relate to drag coeffecients in vehicle aerodynamics.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Jesse, they are still for sale on our site. .. not at GB pricing, but still a great price.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Can someone provide a close up picture that shows how the brake light fits into the provided area? I want to see the final fitment. Thank you.

·
Registered
369 Posts
One of the things about putting racing stripes on your car...you start to notice things like precise measurements and centering a lot more. This turned out to be the case when I finished off the roof stripes, which required removing my wing. When I put it back on, I got a bit of a nasty surprise:

Stripe & Spoiler Alignment by adfrost81, on Flickr

Turns out, this thing isn't even centered. I had no reason to to check before, but I measured the distance between the two "support columns", and it turns off they're off-center by about 1/2". Not sure how this wasn't noticed when the mold was made, but there's nothing that can be done now. I imagine this is the case for everyone who bought this particular version. A damn shame.

It's still cool, don't get me wrong. If I hadn't put the stripes on, I wouldn't have even noticed, and I doubt anyone else has noticed either. So this isn't necessarily a reason not to but. Just one more thing to keep in mind...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Can anyone tell me which tools are required to install one of these? I'm guessing trim removal tools and some torque bits?

81 - 100 of 122 Posts