Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Okay so new update:
Gonna bring my car to a local tuner shop to have gas drained and filled with 91, then when car is fixed, gonna go there to have it dyno tuned. Excellent tuner shop btw, they do some amazing work!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Wooo!! Good news guys, they are finally starting work on my car friday! Gonna go down sometime early next week to marry my new accessport(when I sent it to cobb to get fixed, they ended up replacing the whole thing, lol, 158 bucks shipped, not bad) to my car, and see if I can re install my panda e30 tune 🤞🤞🤞 if it doesn't work then I'll be retuned by excessive autosports here in town

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,247 Posts
Glad to hear they're going to start working on your car Friday, but please don't install a panda tune... They have a pretty high propensity to break stuff. JST, Adapt-X, or Edge are much better and safer alternatives.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Glad to hear they're going to start working on your car Friday, but please don't install a panda tune... They have a pretty high propensity to break stuff. JST, Adapt-X, or Edge are much better and safer alternatives.
Yeah I've heard that before, but I'll dunno, my car has had this panda e30 tune for quite a while, and it's been running amazing for me, haven't had any issues, no out of norm readings, ran a data log and that looked good.. I'm very happy with the tune from panda 🐼 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Omg... FINALLY..
so they had the ecm put in at Ford, needed a new wiring harness as well.. thats DONE. Now tomorrow I'm going to re install my accessport and try to re install my tune. If not, I'm gonna get back in contact with panda to have a base map installed so I can drive it before I have it dyno tuned here in town. It will more then likely be done before my appointment to have it tuned, so ill need the basemap to drive it till then

Side note.. do people generally get more power and reliable tune off a dyno tune then an etune? This would be my first actual dyno tune.. and thank god progressive is paying for it

·
Registered
2017 OW ST1 unknown aftermarket FMIC & Exhaust, upgraded to Sync3 + full Recaro leather seat pkg.
81 Posts
Hope so for ya too... Yeah Continental's upgrade to the DWS is what I'll be adding to Luke (Skywalker - short stormtrooper) as soon as possible. Whatever nice looking but crap road handling garbage I have now isn't cutting the mustard. I can't corner like my Westie b**th. Still I'm known to get around :cool:

·
Registered
2017 OW ST1 unknown aftermarket FMIC & Exhaust, upgraded to Sync3 + full Recaro leather seat pkg.
81 Posts
Continental's Extreme Contact Sport upgrade to the DWS rates better in all categories except snow (or so I've read). I was interested in the DWS06 but for Vegas weather the ECS are certainly the better tire for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah no worries about that here in Hell version 2. I just don't want track tires or something so hard that it lasts 75000 miles. I'll be going Continental for sure when the time is right. So many things I want to do but the paychecks don't arrive as quickly.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
another pic uploaded from the body shop, hard to tell if that's my new front bumper or not, I think it is, and the a piller and door look like they have been painted..so maybe just alignment and detail then ill have my baby back!!
"Edit"
Second glance at the other photos, it is my new bumper!!!

121 - 140 of 158 Posts