Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
899 Posts
You probably won't have to think, just be along for the ride.

Side note, is it possible to prefer used parts if something is on backorder? I've never been in this situation so I'm genuinely curious
Progressive without asking used a front crash bar off a salvage car; pretty sure it was a non st focus too as it isnt painted any color really just dull gray steele with overspray from other bits. Also, non ford radiator and ac condenser.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Okay, soo good and bad news.. all the parts needed for my car, coming in quick, no issues with backorder or nothing, and as soon as they come in, they are gonna fix it asap. Bad news.. they need to replace the pcm.. soo goodbye custom tune. According to panda, if they replace it with an "updated" pcm, my tune on my accessport won't work.. so will need returned. Annnd, my accessport screen was damaged in the accident so can only read the top two gauges on the screen.. so if the pcm isn't updated, still will have trouble finding the tune on my accessport cuz I can't see 75% of the screen. So what it's seemingly like I'm gonna do is buy another accessport from a friend, it's unmarried. Marry that to my car, and retune. Body shop says they are gonna have the other guys insurance pay for the tune.. omg so much to deal with

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Yeah found out it was 10,000 worth of damage:oops:
Not surprising. They jack up the prices on everything.
How much are they charging you for the ST2/3 light assemblies?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Luckily I'm not paying a dime, all on progressives Tabb lol
Oof. Good luck.
I hope you've specified all ST parts and nothing that is mission critical to be used parts.

That's not terrible on the headlight.
Was there any suspension damage?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Oof. Good luck.
I hope you've specified all ST parts and nothing that is mission critical to be used parts.

That's not terrible on the headlight.
Was there any suspension damage?
I'm not worried about anything, the shop my car is at knows what they are doing and they are also a ford certified repair shop. Yes there was, lower control arm and tie rod
And why would I want used parts? All parts are going to be brand new actual Ford parts, and yes, they will be st specific parts, this shop will not skimp on using quality oem ford parts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
And why would I want used parts?
You may not want them, but the insurance company you have is known for doing that to cut costs on their end.
Hopefully this shop knows better and rejects any sketchy stuff the insurance sends to them.
Sounds like they've got it covered though.

If it killed your tie rod, make sure to keep an eye on how your steering feels after you get it back to make sure the steering rack was undamaged.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Soo, called the body shop.. they are only waiting on a wheel and tire, headlight and a trim piece. Gonna go to unmarry my accessport tomorrow, send it to cobb to be fixed. Then when I get the car back I need to retune with panda motorworks. Super scared to drive the car without a tune tho. They said it would be okay if I stay out of boost.. but still. Anyways, I just need to get an invoice and progressive will be billed for my tune and have to pay me back. So that's where I'm sitting rn

101 - 120 of 161 Posts