Ford Focus ST Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
Well the car Still turned on, didn't start it tho..the ecu still looked intact, but the mounting points for it were obviously broken

Anyone want to donate to a deductible fund if I have issues with the dumbass's insurance? Lol

Hopefully it won't be totalled.. suspension is messed up too it seems. Intercooler seemed fine, but I do worry about the eibach spring, doubt insurance will want to cover aftermarket parts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Ufff. I hate people!
Best of luck with getting it fixed, Make sure the insurance doesn't try to jerk you around with parts.

Look over that ECU harness real carefully and make sure none of the wires are severed or crimped.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I'm sure the body shop will look at it, they are a ford certified repair place, like I said tho, I'm only worried about it possibly being totalled or the insurance not covering aftermarket parts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I'm sure the body shop will look at it, they are a ford certified repair place, like I said tho, I'm only worried about it possibly being totalled or the insurance not covering aftermarket parts
If it comes down to it, the ST2/3 headlights were a large ticket item in my repair bill when I hit a deer.

If they want to total it, you can find a drivers side light much cheaper than the 3k$ a piece the body shop charged my insurance for new units.
That will cut some significant coin off the repair estimate and may push you over the edge into not having it totalled.

Imo though, I doubt it's totalled. Even if there is suspension damage.
Hopefully the radiator support and everything under the hood is OK.
Looks like whatever hit you was taller, white.
Suv or truck perhaps?

·
Registered
2016 ST2
263 Posts
They won’t cover aftermarket unless you had a rider for it. But no way they’re totaling it with what cars are worth right now. Even with HID lights and bumper, hood, fender, pulling stuff. If harness needs replaced and/or ECU then might get pricy but still not close to cutting you a check for $22k+.

there’s nothing over there aftermarket that’s going to be broke though. From that angle FMIC is probably fine. Airbox probably damaged if that’s aftermarket but OEM is fine for that anyway. I’d be more worried about general repairs and not aftermarket stuff. Looking at your mod list nothing major.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
837 Posts
I got in a fender bender in February, still waiting on 2 parts to show up...

Oh and they didn't do a good job on the paint, at all. Need hood and bumper resprayed, again.

Progressive (****ing awful) covers 1k in aftermarket per instance without additional/claimed coverage.

Reactions: Skykri

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Thanks guys, big relief thinkin car won't be totalled. I have absolutely fallen in love with this car, and don't want to part ways with it. Best car I've ever had! She's my baby and I hate that she's hurt

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,521 Posts
@DarkFocusSt sorry to see this, so soon after you bought this car too! Definitely shouldn't be totalled, although this process isn't going to be fun or short for you, unfortunately

Progressive (****ing awful) covers 1k in aftermarket per instance without additional/claimed coverage.
Progressive is a curse word to me now. My buddy got rear ended and likely had his ST totalled over a month ago. His car got pushed into another car. The waste of oxygen that caused the accident had minimum coverage which In Ohio is 25,000. The person that caused the accident has progressive.
Not only has it been over a month and progressive hasn't sent out an adjuster yet to actually determine the amount of damage, but because this degenerate only had 25k coverage, That 25k is split between my friend's car and the car that he got pushed into. Which his car alone will chew up most of that (2016 ST with something like 50 or 55k miles).

Reactions: k1rby37

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Oh and they didn't do a good job on the paint, at all. Need hood and bumper resprayed, again.
Same here lol.

@DarkFocusSt Make sure wherever the car gets taken to get paint, that they offer some sort of warranty on the paint. I've heard of several FoST owners having difficulties with their paint after repairs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
@DarkFocusSt sorry to see this, so soon after you bought this car too! Definitely shouldn't be totalled, although this process isn't going to be fun or short for you, unfortunately

Progressive is a curse word to me now. My buddy got rear ended and likely had his ST totalled over a month ago. His car got pushed into another car. The waste of oxygen that caused the accident had minimum coverage which In Ohio is 25,000. The person that caused the accident has progressive.
Not only has it been over a month and progressive hasn't sent out an adjuster yet to actually determine the amount of damage, but because this degenerate only had 25k coverage, That 25k is split between my friend's car and the car that he got pushed into. Which his car alone will chew up most of that (2016 ST with something like 50 or 55k miles).
Yeah I'm going to literally call them every day till they do get the adjustment done

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
837 Posts

It's been an absolute nightmare, I have ample coverage (100/100/300k), it's my insurance and deductible.

At time of pickup (5 weeks past drop off), exhaust was hanging off car from rear, fog light was visibly misshot (found later they broke the tabs off the diode dynamics led, and just sat it back in the housing), the car was leaking trans fluid at rate of visible puddle when parked for 30 mins, check engine service faults, terrible job on hood paint (looks like cheese cloth for laid on clearcoat while drying), terrible job on bumper (literally paint IS PEELING off the bumper already; hasn't even been washed, detailer refused any coating/wrapping work citing workmanship. Car is coated otherwise), missing screws from reassembly, broken harnesses from reassembly, they broke the mounting tab on the brand new replacement st3 hid housing (1500$+), there were multiple parts new in ford packaging in my backseat (hood latch cable, oe air intake funnel, and a pack of washers) all of which needed to actually be on the car, anddd to top it all off, I'm still missing 2 AFTERMARKET parts since 2/14, shop swearing they're on the way for 4 months now. Ones a California pony part, so I get it, probably is taking that long... but the 2nd is a velossatech snorkel, pretty sure I can get one here in days if I ordered....

Also learned the shop never ran a single diag on the car, pre assessment or post, citing "client modified obd port"

.... my AP cable was plugged into the port..... modified?! Rofl

Icing on cake, they raised my 6 mo premium from 1205 to 2385 from a singular at fault claim, first ever with them 5 years of coverage, no bodily injury and I was only paying for my car, dude I rear ended (long story, obv my "fault", but not really in this case) he had no insurance and a 90s sentry.

I dropped them as soon as I got my premium rates on 5/30.

Nearly doubling my rates for 1 minor claim of which they haven't even Nearly resolved yet, my car Is miles from where it was prior to wreck.... worse insurance experience ever.

• Sad
Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
So update.. talked with my insurance company just now, state farm. I'm gonna have them fix it, and they are gonna go after progressive for my deductible, the shop I have my car at, is a shop state farm works with, so ill be able to get the ball rolling asap

·
Super Moderator
7,521 Posts
So update.. talked with my insurance company just now, state farm. I'm gonna have them fix it, and they are gonna go after progressive for my deductible, the shop I have my car at, is a shop state farm works with, so ill be able to get the ball rolling asap
I also have state farm, it's good to know this is possible

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
another update, body shop told me the car is far from being totalled. Seems like the control arm and tie rod are bent in the suspension, and he mentioned getting me a new wheel and tire, I didn't see any damage to the wheel, but it had a few minor scratches prior, so ill take it lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,521 Posts
. cuz I can't think of the alternative rn
You probably won't have to think, just be along for the ride.

Side note, is it possible to prefer used parts if something is on backorder? I've never been in this situation so I'm genuinely curious

81 - 100 of 104 Posts