Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, 99% sure I'm picking this up sometime this upcoming week, ill let you guys know if I don't, excited! Ill post more info about it soon, i havent drivin this exact car yet, but i have driven the focus st before, im 100% confident in what the dealer has told me about the car, as i have bought numerous cars from them, hopefully ill decide to actually keep this one. Lol
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Nice lookin' ride!

I certainly hope that the dealership told you about all the aftermarket stuff done to it. Exterior only: I can see aftermarket FMIC (necessary upgrade so that's a bonus!), wheels, at least lowering springs if not coilovers, intake scoop, rally armor (nice touch!), rear spoiler risers, and some decent rain guards.

I'm 90% certain it was previously tuned, so it's a good idea to have a compression test done to verify the condition of the engine block.

I hope it all works out!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Make sure the dealership includes the Cobb accessport. I see the cable dangling there.
Post some pics of the engine bay when you get a chance!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,440 Posts
Compression test, Compression test, Compression test!

Make sure that the battery is not more than a few years old. If it is change it and make plans to replace it and the purge valve once you get it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from an English Bruva 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, what’s holding you back? You know you want it. 😆
It's just time, haha, I have to wait till the banks open to get a payoff amount on my current car.
Stock fuel system can't handle e85. If there's an ethanol tune in the car it's probably E30.
May not have the stock fuel system.. ill find out more Monday tho
Compression test, Compression test, Compression test!

Make sure that the battery is not more than a few years old. If it is change it and make plans to replace it and the purge valve once you get it.
Guessing these have crappy factory purge valves?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,440 Posts
Guessing these have crappy factory purge valves?
Enjoy

and the battery

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Enjoy

and the battery
Cool thanks man!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,440 Posts
Cool thanks man!
I'd push more for a newer battery and not mention the purge valve. If the AccessPort comes with the vehicle (the cable is clearly there in the picture) and they reflash the PCM the AccessPort will no longer work.

The AccessPort is mated to your specific vehicle and is more or less useless without it. If it is in the vehicle you can use it to determine a lot about with have been done as far as mods & tune goes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd push more for a newer battery and not mention the purge valve. If the AccessPort comes with the vehicle (the cable is clearly there in the picture) and they reflash the PCM the AccessPort will no longer work.

The AccessPort is mated to your specific vehicle and is more or less useless without it. If it is in the vehicle you can use it to determine a lot about with have been done as far as mods & tune goes.
Yeah I know all about the accessport, had one on my stg 2 wrx I had. It does come with the accessport

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
840 Posts
Is it a 15 or 16? Sweet looking ride man! By mods brands and whats done, looks tasteful and not hacky. What's the mileage?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts