Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
804 Posts
Sounds about right. I commute 60 miles a day and it's all freeway and get 21-23 with traffic and the 15 or so miles not on the freeway. Drive less fast. Lol

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,385 Posts
It drops quickly over 70-75 or so. About the best I get with cruise is 26 near 75.

55-60 tops I could see getting closer to 30.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,868 Posts
I ran e30 for about 6 months on my powermax turbo.

Warm temps, 24 to 25mpg.

Cold temps, 22mpg.

Hand calculated

·
Registered
2013 ST3 mr300
11 Posts
Dumb question incoming….. what octane is E30?? I’m currently putting 99 octane in mine not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing? I always assumed it’s better for the engine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dumb question incoming….. what octane is E30?? I’m currently putting 99 octane in mine not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing? I always assumed it’s better for the engine
E30 is usually either a mix of 91 and e85 or 93 and e85, though I believe octane ratings from the US to UK and the rest of Europe are different if someone can chime in on that

·
Registered
2018 FoST
154 Posts
Hmm I generally only city drive, but my mpg on dash is sayin 16.9....🤔
DAMN! I wish i could get 16.9! i am running a Stratified E30 tune, mostly city, driving like a grandma, i average 13.9! put some foot into it, I average 10.3.. I really should inquire with [email protected] to see if that is proper mpg for that tune.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
US gas is based on MON, our 93premium is about the same as your 98 RON.
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

When blend e85 with 93 for our E30 blend, for us its usually around 96 octane, so it would be somewhere just over 100octane for you.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
So what I'm getting is that my mpg is about average if not a tad low for running on e30
Mpg is touchy. Everything from where you live (elevation/temps) to local fuel all play a huge part. Obviously none of us drive exactly the same; coasting/anticipated stops vs driving like an excited chipmunk will have the biggest impact. Rarely none of us are running the same mods/tires etc either

If you are new to e30, your mpg should hopefully be terrible because you are having lots of fun driving the car.

When I run e40, I'm normally around 23-24mpg. Will dip to 20 when having lots of fun

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,444 Posts

·
Vendor
447 Posts
Only because your gas pedal is a binary switch...

Him on the track....

View attachment 411614
hahaha. I actually had to re-learn how to drive the car a bit after going BT. I used to drive the throttle like an on/off switch with super aggressive throttle mapping. Since going BT, I've had to tell my tuner to lessen the throttle mapping a bit, and I now ease into it.

That being said, if you ain't first, you're last. So I still f'n send it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts