Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I just installed a mountune shift bracket and shift cable bushing but for the life of me I can't get the bushing back onto the shift plate. I have read others had a hard time getting them on but how did you do it? Legit can't push down any harder on the thing.
IMG_0193.JPG

·
Administrator
11,866 Posts
Ok so I just installed a mountune shift bracket and shift cable bushing but for the life of me I can't get the bushing back onto the shift plate. I have read others had a hard time getting them on but how did you do it? Legit can't push down any harder on the thing.
View attachment 288321
Channel locks and a rag, squeeze it back on. The rag is help protect the surfaces from getting marred.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll have to try it.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I had mine too tight to get it to go back on, loosened up the bushing a tiny bit as was able to snap it back on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: yeah I loosened the fitting after I could not squeeze the thing on and that worked. I did it a few times till I hit the point where I could barely get it back on and all is good. Did a test drive and man what difference! It is a lil stiff but that will smooth out in time. Thank you for all the help offered. Next in is the BT! But that will wait till spring... that is if I can somehow stand to look at the parts just sitting in my garage all winter.

Reactions: Duece McCracken
1 - 6 of 6 Posts