Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased some visor covers from RedlineGoods, and like them very much, but I am having a devil of a time installing them.

First can anyone tell me how to disconnect the wire for the visor mirror, I could not figure out a way to do this, I ended up cutting the wire, as this is on the passengers seat I was not too concerned but do not want to do this on the drivers mirror.

P7130110.JPG

After that I had a very hard time getting the visor cover on, and do not think it is on tight enough. I am not able to get the 2 pieces of velcro to connect very well, and I do not have any extra play in the leather, it just doesn't seem to fit right, plus since there is no precut hole for the mirror it is impossible to get the hole in the right place because without cutting a hole it is impossible to get the velcro together. Now the hole is not in exactly the right place.

How is this suppose to be done, I don't think this is right, there just does not seem to be enough leather to match up the velcro properly. Here are some pics. P7130111.JPG P7130112.JPG P7130113.JPG P7130114.JPG

Before I do the drivers side I want to know what I have done wrong. I am not happy that it is this difficult.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I cant help, but can you tell me if there are any cut outs in the visors that look like they could hold the garage door openers that come in the Titanium Focus? I know the F150 and a few other cars use the same ones and have cutouts, but I dont want to take mine apart to find there is nothing.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant help, but can you tell me if there are any cut outs in the visors that look like they could hold the garage door openers that come in the Titanium Focus? I know the F150 and a few other cars use the same ones and have cutouts, but I dont want to take mine apart to find there is nothing.
I didn't see any cutouts, I was going to attach my garage door opener with velcro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts