Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new catback installed the other day and the rear is loose. loose enough to rattle as I am driving. I called Mountune and they say it should'nt be like that. I called the exhaust guy and he says the design of the rear bracket is floating and swings. He has offered to fab something up to stiffen it. Is he F'd up?
Any thoughts or experiences to share before I head over there?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Cobb hangers or stock hangers? Might try running the Cobb if you are running stock. They are stiffer and dont let the exhaust move as much.
This^ Cobb hangers are widely recommended as the stock ones die after a short while and start stretching out and can't support the system. Since aftermarket systems are larger in diameter...they hit things that the stock wouldn't have. Replace with Cobb hangers and it will go nowhere.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. I'm going to get it up on the lift a the exhaust shop and check it out. It's pretty loose right now. I guess I'll order new hangers if I have to.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I found that installing the mountune exhaust and getting it to fit right without rubbing on anything was a HUGE pain in the butt. I also ordered cobb exhaust hangers and they didnt fit the exhaust very well so i ended up using the stock hangers. I also ended up cutting out the smaller resonator on mine because I felt it was a little too quiet. This also helped with fitment. While I cut the resonator out, i also added an inch or two to the exhaust to help it fit up better as I felt it needed it. The exhaust does kind of swing around in the back if not installed right, I definitely had to play with it a lot to get it to fit. Very dissapointed as it is a high quality expensive exhaust. After fixing my issues I'm quite happy with it though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found that installing the mountune exhaust and getting it to fit right without rubbing on anything was a HUGE pain in the butt. I also ordered cobb exhaust hangers and they didnt fit the exhaust very well so i ended up using the stock hangers. I also ended up cutting out the smaller resonator on mine because I felt it was a little too quiet. This also helped with fitment. While I cut the resonator out, i also added an inch or two to the exhaust to help it fit up better as I felt it needed it. The exhaust does kind of swing around in the back if not installed right, I definitely had to play with it a lot to get it to fit. Very dissapointed as it is a high quality expensive exhaust. After fixing my issues I'm quite happy with it though.
do you have a sound clip , i think the small one is the muffler but i could be wrong , but that resonator is like 3ft long ,i ended up going catless dp on my mtune, made it a good compromise some growl when you gas it & no drone !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts