Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to search on the forums to see if this has been discussed,but I haven’t found it. I just replaced factory intercooler with the mishimoto m line, and have noticed that my charge temps at key on are reading 20degrees above ambient. Also at idle they stay 20 above. Is that normal,or does it sound like the map sensor in the intercooler is bad? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have tried to search on the forums to see if this has been discussed,but I haven’t found it. I just replaced factory intercooler with the mishimoto m line, and have noticed that my charge temps at key on are reading 20degrees above ambient. Also at idle they stay 20 above. Is that normal,or does it sound like the map sensor in the intercooler is bad? Thanks for the help.

That is normally these cars. Something with the calculations ford used for charge temps. Mine reads 16 degrees above ambient.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you,I was thinking my sensor was bad or something because that’s what my ap was showing with stock intercooler as well

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah this is common for the stock tune and the COBB OTS tunes. Stratified adjusts the calibration for the sensor on their tunes. My Strat flash tune generally reads almost 10 degrees below ambient....lol. I assume with a custom tune they can dial the sensor in properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts