Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a hard brake peddle for a few days and took the car to get checked out. They told me the brake vacuum pump is bad so when I took the pump off this part fell out. I have no idea what it is and where to find another one I searched all over can someone please help 20171016_212444.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I have had a hard brake peddle for a few days and took the car to get checked out. They told me the brake vacuum pump is bad so when I took the pump off this part fell out. I have no idea what it is and where to find another one I searched all over can someone please help View attachment 284050
That screws into the back of the cam and drives the pump. It looks to be broken off. The bolt that screws into the cam should be longer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have been looking for it but can not find where to get it. Do I have to get a new cam or can I just get that screw. My dealer dose not know if it comes with the cam and I dont want to waste that money if it doesn't
+

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
i have been looking for it but can not find where to get it. Do I have to get a new cam or can I just get that screw. My dealer dose not know if it comes with the cam and I dont want to waste that money if it doesn't
+
Your dealers a idiot. It's called a Pump Drive Coupling. Part# BB5Z-6K269-A. It's 10 bucks. Your going to have to get the broken part out of the cam and the tq is 46 lbft

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your dealers a idiot. It's called a Pump Drive Coupling. Part# BB5Z-6K269-A. It's 10 bucks. Your going to have to get the broken part out of the cam and the tq is 46 lbft
Same thing happen to me. Any suggestions on how to get that broken coupling out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts