Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014ST2-Mishimoto FMIC-AWE 3" TRACK-CPE/DAMOND SOLID mounts-BOOMBA BOV-INJEN high flow intake-COILS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello long time lurker and have owned a couple ST's
.Anyway the 14 I currently own has been clunking and popping up front and it was diagnosed as the strut and mounts so I decided to go all new and upgrade with some coilovers.
I ordered new front strut mounts and bushings as well...the only thing I notice is I don't have the metal ring that I see on some of the strut mounts..I'm hoping that I can reuse the one on my car but I wouldn't be surprised if it was gone with how many pieces were missing when I bought the car and the current lowering springs being wrongly installed.
I just wanted to make sure that the strut bushing just sits right on top of the spring? Then the mount into the bushing...does anybody have these Bilsteins or have some pics or instructions.. just wanna make sure it is correct and that the angle is correct also...thank you for any response.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
277 Posts
Hi, the top of the spring rest on the plastic rotating strut mount. You need to check if the spring is flat a the end, the mount should be too, if not, you need some type of interface in between. Otherwise, the spring will not be properly seated on the mount and will be crooked and make noises. The kit should supply all the necessary accessories. I have a trust bearing on the bottom of my coil overs to allow the springs to rotate at the bottom too and not get bind on the aluminum ring. The ring you are talking about will go on a flat location , top or bottom. Depending on the suspension you bought. The spring on the Bilsteins looks very similar to the stock spring configuration.

·
Registered
2014ST2-Mishimoto FMIC-AWE 3" TRACK-CPE/DAMOND SOLID mounts-BOOMBA BOV-INJEN high flow intake-COILS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, the top of the spring rest on the plastic rotating strut mount. You need to check if the spring is flat a the end, the mount should be too, if not, you need some type of interface in between. Otherwise, the spring will not be properly seated on the mount and will be crooked and make noises. The kit should supply all the necessary accessories. I have a trust bearing on the bottom of my coil overs to allow the springs to rotate at the bottom too and not get bind on the aluminum ring. The ring you are talking about will go on a flat location , top or bottom. Depending on the suspension you bought. The spring on the Bilsteins looks very similar to the stock spring configuration.
Ok I think the top of the springs are flat? What else could I possibly need or how do I know if it's right..I ordered the bilsteins b14 for a focus st then the new bushing and strut mount...I don't know what else there could be ..I'm going to try and post a photo, don't know I'm capable

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what they look like .first 2 pics are with it half a** assembled ..it's not properly compressed or tightened yet I just wanna make sure I have all the right things

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts