Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! Sudden deceleration & accessport reading "trying to connect" for a split second

Only posting now because it is the second occurrence. I was driving along at highway speed and then the car randomly feels like it hits a wall, QUICKLY loses power, then I look over at the accessport and it says "trying to connect to your vehicle." Keep in mind that it is so quick that its hard me to notice what is malfunctioning and what isn't. Both times my radio has remained on, along with the interior dash lighting, and luckily this time it was dark out and my headlights remained on. It doesn't throw a code or make any engine fault noises either. Then the car goes back to normal like nothing happened. The car has no problem starting up and shows no other signs of power issues. Still remains to go into boost without power loss. The last time this happened was a week ago.

I am currently at 72k on the car.

Just trying to think of what could be causing this issue so I can quickly get it fixed. Have been wondering if anyone else has had this problem and figured it out.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Only posting now because it is the second occurrence. I was driving along at highway speed and then the car randomly feels like it hits a wall, QUICKLY loses power, then I look over at the accessport and it says "trying to connect to your vehicle." Keep in mind that it is so quick that its hard me to notice what is malfunctioning and what isn't. Both times my radio has remained on, along with the interior dash lighting, and luckily this time it was dark out and my headlights remained on. It doesn't throw a code or make any engine fault noises either. Then the car goes back to normal like nothing happened. The car has no problem starting up and shows no other signs of power issues. Still remains to go into boost without power loss. The last time this happened was a week ago.

I am currently at 72k on the car.

Just trying to think of what could be causing this issue so I can quickly get it fixed. Have been wondering if anyone else has had this problem and figured it out.

Thanks in advanced.
I am assuming you have had the TSB done on the wiring harness? If not, that might be an issue. Might also be a grounding issue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What year is your car?
I had the same issue with mine and would come and go and then start more frequently.
Mine ended up being the plug that goes into the HPFP the wires were tight and from the motor rocking it would lose signal.

When this happened I had no throttle control and then it would come back after 5sec or so.

When this happens the Computer would cut throttle plate control.

If you have a AP on the car look at the FRP actual. Lowest it should got is maybe 250psi anything under 200psi as you can see my lowest was 84. The pump was pumping fuel was there but the computer couldn’t see it since the wires were coming loose in the connector.

I would run the car move the wires around and would see a drop on the AP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
What year is your car?
I had the same issue with mine and would come and go and then start more frequently.
Mine ended up being the plug that goes into the HPFP the wires were tight and from the motor rocking it would lose signal.

When this happened I had no throttle control and then it would come back after 5sec or so.

When this happens the Computer would cut throttle plate control.

If you have a AP on the car look at the FRP actual. Lowest it should got is maybe 250psi anything under 200psi as you can see my lowest was 84. The pump was pumping fuel was there but the computer couldn’t see it since the wires were coming loose in the connector.

I would run the car move the wires around and would see a drop on the AP.

Reactions: RoachRage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think that the TSB on the wiring harness applied to the 15's, just the 13-14's. I feel like it's more of a grounding issue because of the power loss and the accessport losing connection. That's the only weird thing is how my accessport is losing connection but none of my other power sources are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts