Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to change my RRM today, and I think my upper-bracket bolt was stripped, then I stripped it more and it is impossible to remove, anyone have the same issue or can help me with some tools to remove the bolt?? It would be greatly appreciated!! I tried to use a bigger and smaller ratcheting wrench and it didn't work and I tried to use the 15mm wrench and it doesn't even fit on the bolt anymore.

This is the bolt that is stripped and stuck, this isn't my picture btw i found one on the internet:

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
467 Posts
Do you have a pair of vice grips that you can get on it? I've used those several times to get stripped bolts out. Another option is a small pipe wrench. A pipe wrench will bite into about anything you put it on.

Good luck.

Reactions: EcoBlueBomb

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a pair of vice grips that you can get on it? I've used those several times to get stripped bolts out. Another option is a small pipe wrench. A pipe wrench will bite into about anything you put it on.

Good luck.
Thanks for the tips, I'll try those.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
First, make sure you unbolt and push the main mount into the frame pocket as far as you can. Then using a prybar or strap, rock the engine and trans forward as far as possible. Buy turbo sockets ans use them. They're not cheap but it's an investment you'll be so happy you made. Also if the bolt is really stripped, tap the turbo socket onto the bolt head with whatever you can fit in that area. It doesn't hurt the socket but itll bite harder.

·
Registered
225 Posts
First, make sure you unbolt and push the main mount into the frame pocket as far as you can. Then using a prybar or strap, rock the engine and trans forward as far as possible. Buy turbo sockets ans use them. They're not cheap but it's an investment you'll be so happy you made. Also if the bolt is really stripped, tap the turbo socket onto the bolt head with whatever you can fit in that area. It doesn't hurt the socket but itll bite harder.

These really work, huh? I might have to get a set, just in case.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
These really work, huh? I might have to get a set, just in case.
I live in the rust belt and am a technician by trade. I personally own two sets of Blue Point brand turbo sockets but they've gotten me out of so many binds over the years.

Dont buy crappy ones, is my only recommendation. I think the gearwrench ones i linked to will be good.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
225 Posts
I used a lot of blue point in the USAF. I’ll check into those also.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I used a lot of blue point in the USAF. I’ll check into those also.
The quarter inch drive set that ranges from 5mm to 10mm in .25mm increments is a gift from god himself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts