Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm currently buying a white ST but it has some ugly red pinstripes the go across both sides of the car.
Now here's the thing, i can probably remove the pinstripes on my own but the problem is that the pinstripes go under the door guards, and I want to keep those.

Does anybody know if it's possible to remove the pinstripes without ruining the door guards?

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Depends on the type and size of the stripes. When I purchased my '16 new, the dealer had added some cheesey looking stripes down both sides, running just below the windows. I went out peeled up one end and the rest came right up. No signs that it was ever there.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
the trick is how are the door guards attached? some just clip on to the edge of the door and are held on by friction. those are easy, pull off , remove pinstripe and then replace door guards.. some are held on with double sticky tape (or something similar), those may get damaged while pulling them off, or it may be hard to get new tape on. after they are removed, they may need to be replaced with new guards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These were dealer installed stripes (vinyl) and dealer installed door guards, so I'm betting if I screw with the door guards I'll need to get them replaced with new ones.
Any idea hoe much it would cost to have the dealer install new door guards?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I guess that would really depend on what door guards the dealer installed on your car... if it was me, I'd just call the dealership that sold you the car and ask them directly so you'd have a real price and not just a guess.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have the dealer remove them before you take delivery of the car
I agree with this.

This is one of my pet peeves on buying used cars and now I see in on new cars also.
I have no clue why dealers keep doing this. Especially on new cars.
I did have one salesman admit to me they do the pinstripe to help in resale of used cars.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Have the dealer remove them before you take delivery of the car
I agree with this.

This is one of my pet peeves on buying used cars and now I see in on new cars also.
I have no clue why dealers keep doing this. Especially on new cars.
I did have one salesman admit to me they do the pinstripe to help in resale of used cars.
Yeah if you didn't like them you should have been like "I want this car only if you remove the pinstripe or take off $100 and I'll do it myself." Don't be afraid to haggle people you're paying THOUSANDS to.

Honestly, my advice is to call the dealer and ask them about removing the pin stripes or how much the reinstall of the door guards would be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts