Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!
I was on street race yesterday. Very funny! Many years since last.
*Realized some things I had a lot of trouble at the start with my Focus ST. Many times I think they are hard to put down the power of the hill. Drive with good tires. Which is 235 wide on all four wheels.
*So my question is. What upgrades can I do to feel some time of 402 meters?
*No major upgrades. Thinking more about if there are small things that do not cost you much? The only thing I've done so far with the car is an optimization from Best Chip.

Anyone who knows some small upgrades?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm brand new to this car, but a rear motor mount will help with the wheel hop and 0-60 time. I'm most likely gonna get the JBR RMM at 80 durometer for $90USD, that's what I saw it priced at yesterday. You can get a short shift plate, I'm probably gonna go with JBR for that as well and I think that's similarly priced as the RMM. An accessport and stage 1 map will help a lot too. I'm most likely going to go with the Stratified stage 1 map and the accessport and map are $5-600USD.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm brand new to this car, but a rear motor mount will help with the wheel hop and 0-60 time. I'm most likely gonna get the JBR RMM at 80 durometer for $90USD, that's what I saw it priced at yesterday. You can get a short shift plate, I'm probably gonna go with JBR for that as well and I think that's similarly priced as the RMM. An accessport and stage 1 map will help a lot too. I'm most likely going to go with the Stratified stage 1 map and the accessport and map are $5-600USD.
thanks for quick reply. I just ordered a rear engine mount. Have also read that they should help some. And that the car is only perceived as better.
I have also ordered H & R lowering kittens. Do not know if they give anything. But the car should be stiffer if you lower it 25mm?

Thinking how to install lunchcontrol? Are they only if you have a COBB?

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
thanks for quick reply. I just ordered a rear engine mount. Have also read that they should help some. And that the car is only perceived as better.
I have also ordered H & R lowering kittens. Do not know if they give anything. But the car should be stiffer if you lower it 25mm?

Tires are the #1 thing to get you traction, it's not even necessarily the width of the tire but the compounds itself. The OE summer tires (Goodyears), don't have traction for crap unless they are extremely warm. The Michelin Pilot Super Sport has a lot more traction.

Reactions: nickbaldwin86

·
Registered
530 Posts

I don't know anything about launch control, but you're going to need some sort of accessport to install any software map which would alter launch control. Stiffer suspension won't increase speed, but will help with handling a lot

·
Registered
222 Posts

I installed this traction bar on my ST and it worked well: Products

·
Registered
222 Posts
How do you feel that it works well? Have you also changed the rear engine mount?

Yes, I had already upgraded to the Boomba Racing Stage 2 RMM. I was still getting wheel hop, especially out of a turn. The traction bar smoothed out my wheel hop and made the steering/front end feel more connected to the road.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I had already upgraded to the Boomba Racing Stage 2 RMM. I was still getting wheel hop, especially out of a turn. The traction bar smoothed out my wheel hop and made the steering/front end feel more connected to the road.
Did it disappear after you mounted this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts